Fiat 500 Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

· Registered
1,417 Posts
My father and brother are ophthalmologists, and both love helmet-less bike riders...about 80% of the corneas they transplant on people with corneal problems come from young, healthy males who die in motorcycle crashes without a helmet...****, back in the day dad (who is now retired) used to joke that we needed a law *against* helmets, because back then it was more difficult to find corneas for transplants.

So...don't go bugging the idiots that crash at 20mph in their bikes and leave a beautiful corpse for the transplant doctors :)
Yeap, medical people call helmetless riders "organ donors." :D

· Registered
1,122 Posts
So...don't go bugging the idiots that crash at 20mph in their bikes and leave a beautiful corpse for the transplant doctors :)
+1.....20mph on the bike can kill you much easier then 20mph in the car. I vote helmets for all riders under 21yrs and 1st year riders. Here it's law to wear eye protection and passenger must where helmet. I crashed in 1st out of the gate, broke arm, collar bone. Hurt bad, but recovered fine. I flipped straight to the dirt, the earth didn't budge. Somehow a spoke broke and wrapped up the front wheel. Later tripped off a curb stepping over a parking block leaving a pay phone, lost 5 front teeth and smashed the bones/joints OUT of my hand(FULL COMPOUND NASTY) 3 surgeries, donor joints. Drove myself to the hospital then dentist 2days later....

But my first real scary crash I was 15, riding across a flat grass field on a yz250. There was a hole filled with leafs, I hit it cruising in 5th with no helmet, flew across the grass NO ROLL, FACE GONE on one side. It itched for a month but wasn't bad. GOT LUCKY, Helmets save lives, but it's still personal choice when to wear them.

When I pass a kid in traffic, or the highway on his little 250rice rocket and no lid it worries me. He just doesn't understand yet. So many new riders give it up after there first crash. But I've never known a driver to quit driving after his first car crash.On the way back with my Fiat traffic was HEAVY leaving Dallas, and a group of Rocketeers was weaving CRAZY as H3LL thru traffic. T shirts or pretty jackets, but No Lids! They had to been doing 90mph. Will make a nice red smear someday...

· Registered
2 Posts
The chime is so annoying it. Most the time, my belt is left locked behind my back. So I don't have to hear the noise. So more often then I usually would I don't wear my belt now. I WANT IT OFF. NO EXCUSE. WHERE ARE THE WIRES I CAN CUT? I would pull it off in a drive thru, or a parking lot, or have stuff in a seat. It would Ding to no end. I usually would wear my belt, but now I DON'T because it is a hassle to squeeze it from under my ***/behind my back. I'm not buying a Chimex either. No way am I swapping it in/out to appease the relentless ding.
They say it can be turned down to zero in the electronic settings. I did that but it didn't work. Now I'm wondering what buzzer I did turn off, since it apparently was not the seat belt buzzer.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts