Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Flat black vinyl and red wheel screams trying too hard to be cool. Would have been cool 4 years ago. But like all style fads, you're either in the lead or you're behind the times. These guys are behind the times.

·
Registered
350 Posts
The car will do a great job of getting younger people (or the older "tuners" out there) that come in to the Studio excited about the car as a canvas for aftermarket products, I'm sure. It may not be my cup of tea but I certainly don't think it looks terrible. I'm confident some 18-22 year old will get their parent to buy this for them; even with the high cost of the work (which is always inflated).

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The car will do a great job of getting younger people (or the older "tuners" out there) that come in to the Studio excited about the car as a canvas for aftermarket products, I'm sure. It may not be my cup of tea but I certainly don't think it looks terrible. I'm confident some 18-22 year old will get their parent to buy this for them; even with the high cost of the work (which is always inflated).

My thought exactly. I have a 22 year old who wants it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I kinda like the flat black but could do without the 500 logo.... My huge question is do I spy an Alfa 8C in the 3rd photo?????

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Yes you do. It's the best looking car I've ever seen
I won't say best but I will say AWESOME looking car indeed, I love so many I am not certain I could pick just one. Thinking when it arrives it will be right near the 30K (maybe a bit cheaper) price point which makes it very attractive in both looks and price. I really like my 500 but I can't get another with my others being a bit damaged but still owned, not ideal to have that many at once so the others might need to go sooner rather than later! To add to my previous reply on liking but not owning the black/red I think the logos could go and I'd like it a lot more.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I won't say best but I will say AWESOME looking car indeed, I love so many I am not certain I could pick just one. Thinking when it arrives it will be right near the 30K (maybe a bit cheaper) price point which makes it very attractive in both looks and price. I really like my 500 but I can't get another with my others being a bit damaged but still owned, not ideal to have that many at once so the others might need to go sooner rather than later! To add to my previous reply on liking but not owning the black/red I think the logos could go and I'd like it a lot more.
The 8C is going for $330K The 4C comes out next year, it will be selling somewhere around $70K since it's almost all carbon

·
Registered
168 Posts
Alfa!! The 8C is my dream car, yummmm. I didn't see it listed in inventory, does it belong to the owner? If it wasn't so dang far away, I'd be there to fondle it if I could as it's extremely doubtful that I will ever be in the correct income tax bracket to afford my own. But I'll "settle" for a 4C!! :D

Fiat! A curiosity question on the vinyl wrap - won't it get horribly rock chipped in no time? Or is it similar to clear bra material?
My Ducati is matte black but it's paint not vinyl and it looks very sharp. Also holding up very well.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
The 8C is going for $330K The 4C comes out next year, it will be selling somewhere around $70K since it's almost all carbon
Indeed, I saw something in passing and went back and now realize my mistake, WAY off what I had seen, thanks for the update, not a cheap car at all and it def is a really sweet looking car to say the least!

·
Registered
196 Posts
FA curiosity question on the vinyl wrap - won't it get horribly rock chipped in no time? Or is it similar to clear bra material?
The latter - they're usually expected to look good for 2-3 years depending on how the car is treated.

Reactions: BatnBella
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.