Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

We are considering buying a Lounge and I do all the service on my cars so I rely on factory manuals and online parts sources for most of them.

Where can I find a factory service manual for these cars? How about parts?

Thanks and look forward to contributing int he future!

Luis

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
you DO know that your FIAT 500 comes with FREE maintenance for the first 3/36, right?

regardless, don't know of any service manuals out yet, but then the cars have only been out about 7 months.

as for parts, nothing online other than accessories or aftermarket parts. if you build a good working relationship with your FIAT Studio, I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you with your parts needs, if you prefer to pay for them rather than FIAT footing the bill. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
First 3 years you don't have to do anything. Dealer takes care of all the service free. Not sure where you can get a service manual at.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I don't think we get anything free in Canada.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't think we get anything free in Canada.
My dealer told me that I get three years free maintenance coverage. I was even offered a warranty that extends that to five years. I dealt with Eastside Fiat in Calgary and am told I can even get that service at a Chrysler dealership in Red Deer. (where I live)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the great replies!

Very useful link at Tech Authority. The owner's manual indicates that there are service manuals and diagnostic procedures manuals. Upon searching on TechAuthority.com a bit more thoroughly, I found two self study modules on "Maintenance" (oil change and tire rotation) and a "New Model Introduction" which goes over functional details of many systems and subsystems but nothing on service or diagnostic procedures. These are a pricey $195 each which isn't really worth it, at least for me, but a complete factory service manual for $195 would be int he range of other such offerings. I called the 800 number and not surprisingly they indicated they don't have any service manuals...

I am aware of the 3/36,000 free maintenance, however, I would like to perform oil changes and other service myself, for instance, more frequent oil changes (and lifting the car and removing covers is no big deal as that seems to be the case with just about every modern automobile), and in general understand the car and its technology at a deeper level since we keep our cars for a long time and put a lot of miles on them.

In regards to parts, I've found some of the suppliers that have some very nice aftermarket parts and accessories along with select OEM parts but I have yet to find a parts catalog that will help me identify a given part and a place an order online. I imagine that is just my local dealer for now but I imagine in time some dealers will set up an online presence for parts as you can find for others such as Honda, BMW and Audi, which I own and buy parts for that way.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had 500 dollars deducted from the price for the maintenance. I live a long ways from the nearest studio. I will have to order the oil filters as they are not available yet in the parts stores.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts