Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, how's your car doing? Is it rattling?

Mine has 300 miles and it already developed 3: one on the A-pillar, another on the dashboard, near the speedometer, and a third on the hatch.

I've been too lazy to find out exactly where they are. I can't say I was expecting better (first year gremlins, I suppose), but I didn't think they'd appear so soon...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have that one around the speedometer. It's not persistant though, doesn't happen often so it doesn't really bother me. I did have a rattle in the hatch around the rear wiper motor. I put a small wedge between the glass and the metal and that solved the problem.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
very solid. no rattles for me. however, ive never owned a sub $20k car that didnt have rattles at some point. in the battle to keep the weight down on cars these days, more and more plastic is being used.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Gonna bump this thread because the rattle I have behind the speedometer is persistant. It pretty much rattles all the time over any sort of uneven surface. I listen to the radio all the time so I don't hear it, but whenever the cabin is quiet, it's quite annoying. I'm due for an oil change at the 6 month point of ownership so I'll have them get to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
No rattles yet that I've heard, but I let my husband drive my car the other day, and while sitting in the passenger seat I noticed that the arm of one of the front windshield wiper blades was vibrating so much it looked like it was dancing!

·
Registered
176 Posts
5,600 miles, only a faint wind leak on the driver's window that's been there since day one. No rattles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
speedometer rattle

i have the rattle!
it doesn't happen all the time but it usually happens during 1st or 2nd gear when the rev sound is relatively deep usually when i accelerate from 0. I can't really explain what it sounds like, it's this needle-like noise behind the speedometer, it's not LOUD but I sure can hear it when i don't have the stereo on. I usually have the stereo off nowadays just because I love the sound of the engine. I don't even know how to explain this noise to the mechanics coz it's not persistant and therefore it's difficult for them to hear it for themselves.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think my car loves me. I have two reasons to believe that.

1) The rattles are gone. I have no clue as to why. Perhaps it's because the weather has changed, but strangely enough, it's colder now - shouldn't there be more of them? Anyway - nada. It's not Honda quiet, but there are no more bothersome noises.

2) Whenever I try to call my wife, the VR refuses to do it. It's the only name my car won't even try to dial.

I told that to my wife. She just sighed. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Squeaks

My 2012 Fiat 500 Sport has around 5500 miles on it and I've started to hear an annoying squak from the back seat. It goes away if I fold down the right-side passenger seatback so I think it has something to do with that. Going to take it in to the dealer to see what they say...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts