Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Anyone dive into the world of aftermarket shift knobs? Any good suggestions models/manufactures?
For Manual Transmissions, the Italian brand 'Black' makes some excellent high quality shift knobs. They aren't cheap, running from around $119 to $149 depending on composition of the knob. 500 Madness has an exceptionally good selection to pick from, for a start.

Reactions: phattbam

·
Registered
123 Posts
For Manual Transmissions, the Italian brand 'Black' makes some excellent high quality shift knobs. They aren't cheap, running from around $119 to $149 depending on composition of the knob. 500 Madness has an exceptionally good selection to pick from, for a start.
+1!!!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep leaning on these:

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/shiftknobs/m1abrams-shiftknobs.html

However, the 500's shifter is internally threaded rather then the standard external threaded which kind of throws a wrench into things. Any thoughts? I have run into the BLACK® knobs however, my car is as loud visually as I want it, it doesn't need any more bling. A simple performance minded alternative is what I am looking for.

Thanks for the suggestions..... Thought it would be cool to see what everyone is looking at.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I got a black and chrome BLACK knob that I think looks nice and understated. It feels great too! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel City car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering part Steering wheel

·
Registered
255 Posts
There's a set screw.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
MOMO always a good choice as
well!

Sent from my Argento 500
We tried every MOMO knob made and none of them would work on the manual 500 due to its unique design.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
Good to know! Can I get some good quality pics of BLACK real carbon knob. Im leaning this way. Is there a
big improvement in look over the simulated??

Sent from my Argento 500
There is a noticeable difference between the two. I can't post product info here due to the forum rules. Did you get a chance to see the pics in the product listing?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I did but you may want to take a few more especially for the real carbon due to price Im
sure it would help sales.

I know you can't post pics here. feel free to PM me.

If I buy one I WILL POST MANY MANY pix lol. (hint hint)

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
313 Posts
http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/

I have had bother the M1 Abrams, and the A6 Leopard in my 500, They are both great knobs, fit perfectly and don't come loose. They also match the interior of the car really well, I tried the Black pearl finish at first to match my black dash, Now I have flat black finish, witch also matches the bottom of the dash with the heating controls.

I highly suggest this company !

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/

I have had bother the M1 Abrams, and the A6 Leopard in my 500, They are both great knobs, fit perfectly and don't come loose. They also match the interior of the car really well, I tried the Black pearl finish at first to match my black dash, Now I have flat black finish, witch also matches the bottom of the dash with the heating controls.

I highly suggest this company !
I really like the TWM shift knobs as well unfortunately they won't fit the Fiat.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts