Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
True but, at the factory where the entire car's software package is loaded into the controller(s) before installation in the vehicles, I would guess they have a left and a right software package and obviously a right and left wiring harness. Mix those up and you would see left - right issues throughout. If left - right tail light issues exist, and evidence indicates they do, people may find it but ignore it or think nothing of it.
If left - right airbag issues exist, I'm confident that most don't have that problem, otherwise, people would find it. But if it happened at the factory for a day or a week, you would only see it on a small percentage of cars. And the tail light thing may indicate the issue.
Other brands of cars I've worked on have the software name and revision level on the controllers. If someone with far more knowledge than me, knows which airbag controller software name and revision level belongs on which cars, a simple visual check may save a life.
I would be very interested to know if the Captain's daughter's car has the correct software in the airbag controller.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts