Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 500 pop 2012 with only 37000 miles! Manual... love him but now my side window is sliding Down ??? Any ideas? Off warranty for the last 2 years, thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
The door window, usually driver's, I assume. That's an easy fix, and cheap if you can do your own work.

It is usually the regulator and, of those, it's usually a cheap plastic clip that attaches the regulator to the window glass. The regulator is about $65 and includes all the parts that break. I've seen the clip as cheap as $8, but now they are running $20. Use a bit of dry graphite on the glass guides while you have it apart.

There are videos online showing how to do the replacement. Dealers will charge between $200 and $450 labor for the same job.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just replaced a regulator on my 2012. It was extremely easy to do. There are a few videos on YouTube that will walk you through it. The regulators can be purchased on eBay or through Mopar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
NOTE - Although the video presented is a good depiction of how to replace the regulator (a whole 4 minutes to do) what it failed to show is the small clip that is located in the molding of the Fiat (Part 6807004AI ). This clip holds the window from falling forward once you replace the regulator (the motor that brings the window up/down). The previous writer stated the cost of $8 (which is true) and it's a small piece of plastic that runs in the molding held by a pin hole clip. It is literally the dumbest engineering I've ever seen. God forbid, if the molding is damaged that holds that clip in place because then you will need to replace the part number I provided (that's not cheap)

If your window is falling forward - it's that clip. If you have patience to replace it - good for you. You will need to remove the molding completely and make sure you put it back the same way (very temperamental) Usually a reputable body shop who has done repairs on Fiats will now how to OR a window replacement shop - Hope this helps you - I just went through it and OMG!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts