1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I wouldn't tow anything with the Fiat.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The owners manual states that trailer towing is not recommended.

Ryan
This!

Fiat 500 is an A-to-B car and with knowing the engine under the hood, it cannot handle extra weight like that.

Your better off renting a car to tow that camper. Something cheap like an Impala should do the trick.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I apologize, it is on the drivers inside door area on a sticker that the cargo and occupants should not exceed 750lbs 9750 pounds = 340.194277 kilograms), in the manual it just has XXX and tells where on the sticker it is located. As for the link to the cargo haulers...in case anyone wishes to know without looking it up...

800 kilograms = 1 763.6981 pounds

If you happen to have the pdf owners manual checkout page 129 along with the next few pages for more details.

Also posted in another area of forum related to towing discussion.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I apologize, it is on the drivers inside door area on a sticker that the cargo and occupants should not exceed 750lbs 9750 pounds = 340.194277 kilograms), in the manual it just has XXX and tells where on the sticker it is located. As for the link to the cargo haulers...in case anyone wishes to know without looking it up...

800 kilograms = 1 763.6981 pounds

If you happen to have the pdf owners manual checkout page 129 along with the next few pages for more details.

Also posted in another area of forum related to towing discussion.
the weight of mini-caravan in the first image (the Rookie 3.5) is 750kg - Link

·
Registered
475 Posts
I traded my Jeep for a Power Wagon because the 3.8L 202hp mill couldn't get up hills towing our teardrop.
Just something to think about, especially if you have an automatic.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I was gonna say, did 'The Stig' make a line of campers or something? :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Stignatour Campers. Could the Fiat 500 be able to pull this tiny camper?

In the gallery section, it shows a Smart Fortwo pulling one. :cool:
I think it could pull this without issue if you have a manual tranny. However, in my search of teardrop campers, I've seen some that weighed less, had less tongue weight, and still had a lot of neat features. I think one of them weighed as little as 550 lbs, which wouldn't stress the Fiat at all. You want to watch tongue weight. I would try to keep it around 50lbs. 80-90 lbs, like on this trailer, is higher than I like to see. As discussed in another topic, this car is rated to tow in Europe, but I wouldn't suggest it with the automatic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts