Fiat 500 Forum banner

Sleeping in your 500?

46K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  thompsoncatherine536 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone.
After being exposed to a few 500s to date, I am pretty sure I want to get one for myself. I do, however, have a few concerns.
My main concern is whether I am mentally unhinged for considering getting a 500 and taking it camping.

A little background on my experiences. I have for the most part only owned Subarus. I've taken and packed my WRX and my standard Impreza sedans to the brim and have taken them camping. They have been fine as far as I'm concerned. Even without fold down rear seats.
If I wasn't sleeping in a tent, I would just lay the seat back and catch a night's rest.

With that, if I get a roof cargo carrier, what are the chances I could do the same in a 500 (2 door)? In my opinion both the pop, and Abarth seats are more comfortable then the WRX or Impreza seats.

Has anyone slept with the seats reclined?
Has anyone folded down the rear seats and slept in the trunk area?
Is it possible to fold down the rear seats and fold forward the front seats to lie down inside the car?
Am I out of my mind thinking I can strap a roof cargo unit on the top of the car and do a 1k mile road trip every once in a while?

Thanks!

See less See more