Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what the dealer told me today. It's on order.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
500 are known for a slow clock, so apparently it's a wrong size capacitor from the factory and the whole cluster has to be changed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
that sucks. so they need to swap out the whole cluster just to replace the clock......
I had an issue with the tach on a Jetta I bought new in 2002 - it had a needle that would become intermittently jumpy w/ no change in the engine speed. They also had to replace the entire gauge cluster...

On a related note, we have the same issue - our clock has lost about three minutes since early December when we picked up the car. I'm guessing we will have the same deal!

Anyone know if a TSB has been issued on this problem?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think there is a TSB from what I saw.

·
Registered
116 Posts
interesting.... mine has lost 2 minutes in about 2 weeks...

I would say I will take it in for repair, but with Holt that means take it in a get the run-around - I still havent gotten the window glass that they owed me from purchase (3 months) or the fog light kit they told me they would get a month ago.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
interesting.... mine has lost 2 minutes in about 2 weeks...
That's about the standard amount of loss per 2 weeks most of us experience. That sounds like a definite lack of professionalism on the part of your studio.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Mine was losing time and at my last visit they did a computer update and it is fixed. Has not lost time in over a month. There was nothing changed to fix the problem just a computer update. Taking my wife's in on Monday for service and the same update.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Mine was losing time and at my last visit they did a computer update and it is fixed. Has not lost time in over a month. There was nothing changed to fix the problem just a computer update. Taking my wife's in on Monday for service and the same update.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
can u find out more about this update for all of us. my studio
is clueless. I want to have all the info so I can go in and tell them what version I need to upgrade too.

Please!!!

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I guess having a watch and a phone with a clock and the fact I am so rarely worried about time since I pretty much do whatever I want when I want to I don't see any issues with the clock, couldn't tell you if mine is right or not or if it is losing or gaining time, as long as it is within around 20 minutes of the current time I really don't much care, every time it is mentioned here though I think about if mine is working properly or not...lol.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I lost about a min from Jan 19th till now. a cluster change. I would rather keep the issue then let my studio remove my cluster. it will never be same again Sent from my Argento 500
If I took it to my studio I'd be half expecting it to come back to me with a Chrysler 300 instrument cluster wedged in there somehow. Totally agree, it'd never be the same and somehow I feel it'd be worse.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I'm not gonna let somebody break open my dash to fix this. People don't even wear watches anymore. If you have a computer or cell phone you already know what time it is.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am hesitant because I think they'll mess up something else and cause a scratch somewhere. I've taken clusters apart, it's no big deal. Usually 4-6 screws holding it in and some clipped cables behind it.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts