Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, the joy of sprung springs. The driver's side shoulder belt does not want to pull the belt into the "B" pillar. It allows me to feed it back, but who really wants to spend 15 extra seconds to get out of the car?
I have looked at MoparPartsOnline dot com and the seat belts are not listed. I used their search box and the plastic covers are listed.
What are we to do? The car is a 2012 Sport with 155,000 miles.
I am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
12,685 Posts
Salvage vehicle, that wasn’t in a major accident. Go to a Parts department at actual Fiat studio. There are some used shoulder belts listed, on eBay

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh, the joy of sprung springs. The driver's side shoulder belt does not want to pull the belt into the "B" pillar. It allows me to feed it back, but who really wants to spend 15 extra seconds to get out of the car?
I have looked at MoparPartsOnline dot com and the seat belts are not listed. I used their search box and the plastic covers are listed.
What are we to do? The car is a 2012 Sport with 155,000 miles.
I am open to suggestions.
I haven't had to do this to my 500 yet, but on another car.
It might be cheaper to just remove the panel where the seat belt retraction part is and then pull until the seat belt is pulled out, then clean/oil the retraction system. with 155K miles on your car, it's probably pretty dirty in that area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
pull the seat belt out as far as possible, put the seat belt, as much as possible in a bucket of warm, soapy water, may have to raise bucket, rinse a couple times, same method. Washing seat belt will do the trick.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is there any pull there at all? If so, you could try wiping the belt and any surfaces that it rubs against with silicone spray. My 2012 belt retraction was sluggish and that spray fixed it perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts