Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im finding it hard to close the doors without slamming them because of air pressure inside the cabin.

If I crack a window down just a tiny bit the doors close normally. I understand cars have a pressure flap usually designed into them to keep this problem form happening. I'm guessing mine is stuck. anyone know where it is so I can check it?

my previous cars have had them in the trunk areas. I cannot find the info on the 500.

thanks to anyone that helps

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I thought the pressure flap was for air bag deployment. So you don't bust out your ear drums.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I think this is simply a function of door seals that actually seal the car, not a fault. Plus, we're talking about a fairly small interior volume here. Same thing on my Jetta.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think this is simply a function of door seals that actually seal the car, not a fault. Plus, we're talking about a fairly small interior volume here. Same thing on my Jetta.
Maybe we should forward this thread to top gear. They could set up some sort of boat race between the Jetta and the Fiat.:D

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Toyboata va Jetta vs Fiat with a jetski motor strapped under the bumper!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a Fiat 500 and am experiencing same problem when I close the doors. There is a lot of air trapped inside the car with no release. I have noticed when I close the doors, my windshield (top) pushes outward and releases the air. Not sure whether this is supposed to happen though.

Don't know if this helps or not.

·
Registered
765 Posts
My roof gets some good vertical deflection when I close my door....gotta remember not to set a soda on it ACK! So yea TiGhT

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I recently bought a Fiat 500 and am experiencing same problem when I close the doors. There is a lot of air trapped inside the car with no release. I have noticed when I close the doors, my windshield (top) pushes outward and releases the air. Not sure whether this is supposed to happen though.

Don't know if this helps or not.
There is that much pressure trapped? I have never heard of that..ever. Do you have a sunroof that can be tilted open? Has you local studio looked at this issue yet? This is a new one for me...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
In some cars (BMW for one) the windows roll down a bit when the doors are opened, and they roll back up when they are fully shut to deal with this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts