Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
How much? Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
$78 each on sale, go to tirerack.com and in the search box paste "Winter 210 Snowcontrol Serie II" without the quotes, then click the first result for specifics, at this point though you will already see the price listed. Set of 4: $312.00, Add Road Hazard: $39.84. :cool:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tire rack will not allow me to post a direct link for some reason. It will take you to a different end of the website.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Winter 210 Snowcontrol Serie II(Performance Winter/Snow)

78.00 $ per tire 312.00 for a set of four! For us sport 16inch owners 195/45/16
How much?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

$78 each on sale, go to tirerack.com and in the search box paste "Winter 210 Snowcontrol Serie II"

You need to enter in the make and model of your car then select sport model. Search or click on winter tires for our car and it will come up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$78 each on sale, go to tirerack.com and in the search box paste "Winter 210 Snowcontrol Serie II" without the quotes, then click the first result for specifics, at this point though you will already see the price listed. Set of 4: $312.00, Add Road Hazard: $39.84. :cool:
Yup you got it! Much cheaper now than a few months back! Discount tire wanted over 100.00, they were trying to take advantage of our odd ball sizing.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Yup you got it! Much cheaper now than a few months back! Discount tire wanted over 100.00, they were trying to take advantage of our odd ball sizing.
Since NC doesn't get a good amount of snow and when it does it doesn't remain for long I have decided I will run stock rim/tires for now and come closer to spring snag another rim/tire setup, the Miata and the SS both each had three sets each so having two for the 500 is by no means a stretch from the norm, I just have to decide for sure which warmer weather setup I want, I think I know I will be going for lightweight but I'm only around 75% sure right now. If I lived in a colder area I would be all over this, price is really sweet and I did see these for over $100 not long ago just checking for what options were available for us 500 owners.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We had around five inches of snow the other day. Fiat did pretty good for having sport tires, we usually get ALOT of snow. Since you don't get a lot don't waste your money. The 500 holds its on in normal snow levels. Any more than five inches you really want snow tires.....My integra Gsr was like driving a suv with blizzacks on! Lol it was passing up most SUVs!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
We had around five inches of snow the other day. Fiat did pretty good for having sport tires, we usually get ALOT of snow. Since you don't get a lot don't waste your money. The 500 holds its on in normal snow levels. Any more than five inches you really want snow tires.....My integra Gsr was like driving a suv with blizzacks on! Lol it was passing up most SUVs!
I want to say generally we don't see but maybe 5-6 inches or less, when it does happen though it is over quickly. I have access to a 4X4 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I sold my parents a few years ago if needed, the SS did really well in snow but since the tornado it hasn't been driven except the day of the storm, driven home without windows...hehe, but she worked! Just sitting now, likely it'll be sold off since I no longer intend to drive her any longer.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Everyone has their own opinion but I think these cars are great in the snow with the stock setup. It holds so well with little to no sliding. I really like how well it gets thru the snow and just goes! My wife keeps telling me also how much she loves hers in the snow. She has a Pop with aftermarket wheels but stock tires. I have a Sport with stock wheels & tires.

My question is why change them if they work so well?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you're happy with the performance, stick with them. The chief weakness of all-seasons with optimal temperature range - if it gets really cold, they become rock-hard and lose grip. The rubber used for snow tires is designed to avoid this, so they're better in places that experience sub-freezing temperatures for long periods, with or without snow.

Reactions: BlueStreak

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Everyone has their own opinion but I think these cars are great in the snow with the stock setup. It holds so well with little to no sliding. I really like how well it gets thru the snow and just goes! My wife keeps telling me also how much she loves hers in the snow. She has a Pop with aftermarket wheels but stock tires. I have a Sport with stock wheels & tires.

My question is why change them if they work so well?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

If your in constant snow you should get them. But if the weathers spotty our cars do just fine.....

Its like adding a set of brand new tires to replace your old ones. Thats how good snow tires are in deep snow. Like I said on my integra Gsr my all season got me around, but the snow tires had me passing and driving around everyone. You also get much better braking since the snow will not get packed into the treads. After owning a set, I'll never got back to all season in the winter.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts