Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
We have some flurries in the forecast for Sunday/Monday but not sure if they will be too much at all, plus my snow tires are not here yet anyways...

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's is a sport model but I will have my Nokians on tho... 5 to 6 inches after 2 pm

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Anyone know where I can find a set of 195/45/16 winter tires that aren't Pirellis?
I'm thinking I may just have to drive the all seasons through the winter.

·
Registered
166 Posts
There are suggestions of Toyo Snowprox S952 in that size but I am not sure if they actually exist or not and other than that the Pirelli's seem to be all that is available in that size.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well we *almost* got to see how the stock Contis do in the snow. We got 6.5" according to the back yard ruler this Wednesday. But by the time we got out, the roads were already pretty much clear. So yeah, Blue Bella did absolutely fine! ;)

Going to order up the Pirelli's tomorrow probably - anyone running those yet?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Long Island 10 28 11

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far so good at my building with a wide open parking lot with 2" snow and barely any sliding. I now have a 45 min commute home in the storm this will be the challenge. Will keep posted.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well just got home it took me about 1hr. Let tell you that the tires and the fiat keepley shocked me. I actually passed 2 vehicles traction light came on a few times and yes I drove like a complete ahole just to see what this thing can do. IT IS AWESOME. Please keep in mind that I have the Nokians 15" studded tires. The only trouble I had was going up the hill on my street not plowed 6" of snow.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is that "masshole"? I thought for sure you would have had the dash cam taping your travels. Only getting rain on the coast. Yesterday my neighbor who is the General Manager at the local Mini dealership was supprised that I got a Fiat. He stated "how could you purchased a car that has not proved it's self in the US"? He is a car guy so I offered him the keys so he could take the car for a spin. He declined as he was off to work. I would have liked to changed his mind!!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
He stated "how could you purchased a car that has not proved it's self in the US"? He is a car guy so I offered him the keys so he could take the car for a spin. He declined as he was off to work. I would have liked to changed his mind!!!!!
Going by that logic, you should never purchase a newly released car. Or even a completely overhauled car. He was probably just upset that you bought from his much more reasonably priced competitor.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I get my b***s busted all the time about my car. Then I tell the person take it for a rip. They come back with a smile ear to ear. The last guy said it was a go kart on steroids! He loved it! I do have video of the adventure tonight I will post shortly.....

·
Registered
245 Posts
So the guys at work are really putting the full court press on me. My senior boss came by with a crushed Sprite can and said he accidently backed into my car in the parking garage. (had to laugh it was funny). He later asked me how much the car was and I started to say 19... and he said 19 lire. (again another funny). When gas hits $5 a gallon I will look to see who is cutting the jokes.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Holly Sh*t just got up lost power last night around 8. Just got up still no power and at least 15" of snow!!!!! I want my snowmobiles now!!!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I'm watching this on Channel 7 news Boston, that's messed up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.