Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a call today. The car is supposed to be delivered to the dealer on Monday the 14th and delivery to me on the 16th...........#241 (White)is almost here.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I got an email yesterday and they expect my car late this week and said I may not be able to pick it up until next week. I don't think the dealer has any employees yet!
I'm pretty disappointed in the launch and the dealer seems to be questioning the price set by Fiat

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well I got a call today. The car is supposed to be delivered to the dealer on Monday the 14th and delivery to me on the 16th...........#241 (White)is almost here.
You are on this case like Inspector Cleuseau! I would know nothing about the whereabouts of my car without you.

Still no call from anyone. I am feeling like I don't belong.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Getting really exciting now! It's been a long wait for everyone, hopefully the dealers start to get smoothed out soon.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are on this case like Inspector Cleuseau! I would know nothing about the whereabouts of my car without you.

Still no call from anyone. I am feeling like I don't belong.
I'll call Joey later. I asked him to make sure he calls the owner of #183 and asked if we could hook up together on Wednesday for delivery.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Waiting................

After waiting 27 years... its hard to believe how a week (or two) feels like an eternity!
In 1972 I lusted for a 124 Sport Spyder. I joined the Navy and bought a Kawasaki...........:confused:

In July 2008 I saw the cars in Rome while on vacation. I have been waiting and lusting ever since..........:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hijack alert.......

You are the best. Maybe you should have a dealership. Or at least give lessons in customer service.

I sell snow to Eskimos........actually I'm a buyer. Many of the same skills but it all starts with customer service.

·
Registered
99 Posts
SO I am getting excited. I called Lithia Chrsyler in Concord Ca. to see when I could pick up my car.

The first guy tells me they are there and are lined up for service before delivery.

The 'salesman', Renee tells me that they are not licensed to sell these cars and they do not know when they will be licensed. So I am on hold with CIAO FIAT tight now while they try to get a resolution.

So I thinking you give up that dead end job you are in now and go over to Fiat where you can make a difference in this world. kidding.. If you have a job in this economy you had better keep it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How do they have cars if they don't know whether or not they can sell them?

Please make a similar shipment to southern Oregon..... I want mine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well I called CIAO FIAT and had them verify that the dealer where my car is does not have a license to sell these cars. Since Fiat is not responsible for these licenses they could not tell me when the dealer would have a license. They also claim that they cannot divert my car to a dealer that does have a license. I guess they all got surprised that these cars showed up at all. Makes me stop and consider the viability of the entire Fiat organization.

They suggested that I call the dealer every day to see if they had gotten their license yet. Yeah right. I don't think I am going to do that. Actually I think I am just going to move on as life is to short .

·
Registered
518 Posts
since Fiat said they would deliver cars that are more than 50 miles from a dealer, why can't they bring it directly to you?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Soon my friend.....love the garage......

I suppose that they could but if the dealer is not licensed to sell the car then making the transaction is the problem.
It is just a minor point. Fiat of North Sacramento does NOT yet have a CA DMV license. We will be picking up the car at Folsom Lake Dodge the parrent Chrysler dealer. They are working on the temporary location on Fulton Ave and DMV wont grant a license until proper signage is in place.

Good to live in Sacramento it helps keep me in the loop. Did Joey call you?

The cars are supposed to be delivered tomorrow, PDI Tuesday and delivery Wednesday if things go according to plan. :)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do they have cars if they don't know whether or not they can sell them?

Please make a similar shipment to southern Oregon..... I want mine.
There were about 10 cars I could spot in Benicia CA, the rail siding for the San Francisco Bay area and (?) West Coast. Maybe you car is Northbound Monday as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have not received a phone call from Joey or anyone else at Chrysler, Fiat or anywhere else. The only communication I have had with Lithia Concord was what I initiated. Both Lithia and CIAO FIAT seemed pretty firm that my car was to be delivered at Concord at some undetermined future date. I can live with that.

I cannot in good conscience do business with Lithia, Concord so unless something changes that is a deal killer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll call Joey later. I asked him to make sure he calls the owner of #183 and asked if we could hook up together on Wednesday for delivery.
Mental note to self- 777 is well connected, keep an eye on his posts, and ask him every chance ya get, hey 777, what do you hear about the upcoming Abarth?

:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts