Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i went to Fiat of Westbury today to see if i can order my fiat in anticepation of my lease return which in 70 days.
I had my heart set on a Sport Bianca,manual with roof and S&C Pkg, all the ones they had was either Auto or a bianca perla which is a nice color but i wanted the regular bianca even though they tried to keep pushing the perla.
Anyway, i decided to place a special order for what i want and put a deposit. and i proceeded to walk out and as soon as i stepped out i came face to face with a giallo which was staring at me the whole time i was there, after walking around it a couple of times, OK i lost track of time i might have been pacing around it for like 15 mins! haha. at which point i picked up the phone and called my sis just to get a second opinion on how would a woman perceive a guy in a Yellow Fiat. and i got the okay:p as it would be "Awee its so cute"
So, i walk right back in there and moved the deposit to the one they have on the lot, the only thing it has the sirius which i didn't want and its an additional $200. but what u gonna do!
so, now its pending financing approval and to see if they could accept to take in my GTI lease now and pick up the fiat.

P.S they said they can't install the heated seats for me!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'd call them on the seats.

My dealer is installing heated front seats for me for $299...and the heating element is in the upper and lower portions of the seat.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They kept saying something about the wiring won't work!! i think I'll just live with out it, the lease numbers came out a little more than i wanted so, I'll skip the extra stuff.

BTW, when i was gonna order the car they quoted me 90 days! wow. they mumbled something about the quality control delays that is happening.

·
Registered
614 Posts
They kept saying something about the wiring won't work!! i think I'll just live with out it, the lease numbers came out a little more than i wanted so, I'll skip the extra stuff.

BTW, when i was gonna order the car they quoted me 90 days! wow. they mumbled something about the quality control delays that is happening.
Well it won't wire to the switch on the dash, it has it's own switch that is installed under the side of the seat.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it won't wire to the switch on the dash, it has it's own switch that is installed under the side of the seat.
eeh, well if i really wanted to do it, i would have wanted the oem switch installed.

·
Registered
614 Posts
eeh, well if i really wanted to do it, i would have wanted the oem switch installed.
Well, aesthetically it would certainly be better, but I'm told the factory only has one heat setting and coils are only on the seat bottom, while the aftermarket has coils on the seat bottom and the seat back and has three levels of heat.

Since I ordered a Cabriolet, I consider it a must have.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think you'll be very happy with yellow...I know I am. The only thing with the yellow is that is does limit your options for some aftermarket striping colors to some extent...and you will get noticed.

Reactions: GotFiat

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you'll be very happy with yellow...I know I am. The only thing with the yellow is that is does limit your options for some aftermarket striping colors to some extent...and you will get noticed.
They offered me the blk stripe but im ok with out it, i'll prob just try to wrap the doors and trunk handles in mat black and the mustache, just about anything that's chrome. im just excited/nervous about the impulse decision to change colors :)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
CONGRATS on your soon to be purchase! I had thought about the yellow as it IS an attention-getter. it reminded me of my yellow CRX Si I had years ago. :D

IMO I think you're better off not adding the A/M heated seats. from what I understand, the Cabrio is very well insulated and will keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I've got he Comfort & Convenience Pkg on my Sport, but I only wanted it for the ATC. I could have cared less about the heated seats and willl probably never use them.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Cool story. I know what you mean when the colour grabs your attention like that. Giallo was my second choice. The 500 looks so good in yellow.

Reactions: GotFiat

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
CONGRATS on your soon to be purchase! I had thought about the yellow as it IS an attention-getter. it reminded me of my yellow CRX Si I had years ago. :D

IMO I think you're better off not adding the A/M heated seats. from what I understand, the Cabrio is very well insulated and will keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I've got he Comfort & Convenience Pkg on my Sport, but I only wanted it for the ATC. I could have cared less about the heated seats and willl probably never use them.
They must have stopped including the heated seats with the Sport comfort package from what I have seen in other posts. The package is $400 instead of $650 although this fact is still not updated on the website. I will find out for sure when mine finally gets delivered. Hoping the wait will be under 90 days (currently 67 days).

·
Registered
582 Posts
I dunno about in the U.S but in Canada the heated seats was only available with the automatic which makes absolutely no sense. I really wanted the heated seats but not enough to drive an automatic to get them.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dunno about in the U.S but in Canada the heated seats was only available with the automatic which makes absolutely no sense. I really wanted the heated seats but not enough to drive an automatic to get them.
same story stateside.

·
Registered
614 Posts
My dealer told me the factory heated seats were not that good anyway and the after market was definitely the way to go.

Could be why they aren't widely available.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you dont get heated seats in manual trans 500s because thats where the traction control switch is.
There is no way that would be the only excuse for a car to be missing an option. but then again Its Fiat we're talkin about here!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I was reading this and thought it was me, i went to the dealer with White, Silver or Blue on my mind. And ended up driving a yellow one for a 24 hr test drive. It grew on me, but i still have hesitation about such a flashy loud color.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts