Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
I just installed the Wolo Bad Boy. Nice compact single piece airhorn.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did the Wolo horn as well. It is rather loud, dual tone and I think it goes very well with this car.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The wolo can be put in the mounting place for the stock horn, but you need to remove the LF wheel to have enough access for it not to be a real PITA to do. I just left my factory horn in place and mounted mine in the front of the hood just left of center (as you face the car). I have a custom intake so theres lots of room in there. The best way to connect the wolo WITHOUT cutting the stock harness is to grind down 2 male wire connector adapters to about 1.5mm wide,these then slip into to existing harnesses holes for the two connections. A touch of electric/black cloth tape to keep it all nice and tidy
View attachment 2244

And of course just use regular connectors to connect to the wolo horn itself

View attachment 2245

Because I mounted my horn up front, I also used some of that black tube stuff to hide/protect the wires.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
yes the stock horn sux big time. it screams econobox.

ordered a wolo road runner horn at amazon. i'm gonna love hearing it go "meep" when I set the alarm :)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
A buddy of mine is trying to sell a train horn kit he had on his lowrider. :D

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
A buddy of mine is trying to sell a train horn kit he had on his lowrider. :D
I know of two people that have done this. One was a buddy that had a F- 150 4X4- he had two mounted on his truck. After he installed it and went to test it, it shook the dust off the rafters in his garage. The next one was in a MINI..... It would make people jump.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hella Supertones are really nice dual horns. Lots of the c class mercedes guys swap to those. Easy plug and play.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Mike,
I bought a Wolo Bad Boy horn for my 500 and took it to my dealer to install. Unfortunately, they say it keeps blowing fuses. So the dealer removed it, concerned it might start a fire, and went back to the stock horn. Did you have the problem with blown fuses and how did you overcome it? I have the same horn on my Toyota Prius (installed by the dealer) and no problems with it ever.
Thanks for your insight.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.