Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, did anyone report on replacing bushings on the steering? I had to replace mine at around 44.000kms.
Much better but still can I hear or sense some knocking, especially while maneuvering in or out a parking spot.
Is there still something else causing this knocking? Struts?

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to live with it for now, some extra grease will have to do. Zero warranty as I bought this California car, a 2015, here in Vancouver Canada. Now my heating stopped working to. Time to worry Tony?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you replace the shaft, or just bushings? There is a technical service bulletin for a clunk in the steering shaft (affects both gas and electric 500):

Some owners who are out of warranty have said that spraying white lithium grease on the joint eliminated the clunk.
https://www.fiat500owners.com/threads/clunking-noise-and-feel-in-steering.3256/
Did you replace the shaft, or just bushings? There is a technical service bulletin for a clunk in the steering shaft (affects both gas and electric 500):

Some owners who are out of warranty have said that spraying white lithium grease on the joint eliminated the clunk.
https://www.fiat500owners.com/threads/clunking-noise-and-feel-in-steering.3256/
Just the bushings on the sway bars. First they told me that the struts were the problem, but that wasn't so.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm from Vancouver too and I just notice the knock/clunk in the steering within the last couple weeks. Mines a 2016 and with just over 22,000km. I just did the lithium grease last night and the knock/clunk is now gone! Will monitor and see how long before it comes back and whether I will need to replace the steering shaft.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm from Vancouver too and I just notice the knock/clunk in the steering within the last couple weeks. Mines a 2016 and with just over 22,000km. I just did the lithium grease last night and the knock/clunk is now gone! Will monitor and see how long before it comes back and whether I will need to replace the steering shaft.
Thanks for sharing this, will have to ask my mechanic to do the same. I am on Vancouver Island, Sooke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts