Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good, but too many issues for a US/Canada car
What do you think the issue will be? I'm trying to get a sample from another source.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even if it works, the cheapest I can get it for is $550 my cost.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should know the answer by tomorrow

·
Registered
777 Posts
This headunit may use GLONASS or Galileo for its Satnav instead of the US based GPS. Even if it uses US spec GPS it is unlikely you could load North American maps onto this unit. They list they are authorized sellers of EU maps. I dont think they can even sell you NA maps.

*I had this problem when trying to retrofit my Mercedes c230 to factory satnav. Lots of euro headunits but they didnt work in our cars even if you tried to reflash them.*

DVD would most likely be region locked for region 2. North America is region 1.

The ad shows it will work for FM radio in the US so thats not a problem.
It appears to have no Satellite radio so us Bose owners would be losing a feature.

Im curious to see if this will be worth the cost invovled.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This headunit may use GLONASS or Galileo for its Satnav instead of the US based GPS. Even if it uses US spec GPS it is unlikely you could load North American maps onto this unit. They list they are authorized sellers of EU maps. I dont think they can even sell you NA maps.

*I had this problem when trying to retrofit my Mercedes c230 to factory satnav. Lots of euro headunits but they didnt work in our cars even if you tried to reflash them.*

DVD would most likely be region locked for region 2. North America is region 1.

The ad shows it will work for FM radio in the US so thats not a problem.
It appears to have no Satellite radio so us Bose owners would be losing a feature.

Im curious to see if this will be worth the cost invovled.
No satellite radio kills it for me,lol

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Some one else posted this, on another tread. Hows the duct work for the air work? No on or off. Will it work on US and Canadian models.:confused:

Will work, with a iPod

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You put duct tape on it,lol

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Not for me. I don't use Sat radio. For me it's dead technology
I have a free year of sat radio and never use it. I feel like I'm wasting it. WTF didn't they include HD radio as an option? Sigh...

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I as well as someone else posted and I think would like to see someone test this out, I like the look of it for sure, but I assumed at first it might be fake, then I found and posted additional links and info and knew it was most likely for the Euro guys sadly, if anyone does give it a go I'm about certain they'll report back, I truly hope they will!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Yeah that was me that first posted it back on this thread http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/...ctronics/2724-oem-7-screen-factory-bezel.html stating that it looked photoshopped. Its a cool idea and would look factory but i agree that even its it real i don't know how well it would work with the NA car vs the EU car.
Good deal, I knew I had recently RE-posted but couldn't recall the original poster, since every other radio region differs and this isn't made for the NA version without some method of region change (if possible with this unit) there is no use having the unit although if it were an option I'd love it. Before when I was looking around at different cars I originally was curious how such a small car would fit items and how it'd look inside, bit sad when I didn't see something along these lines but got over it quickly when I thought how useless it'd really be since my phone nav works so well and is always with me anyway. :cool:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts