·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a pedestrian's point of view :)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
That pooooor car!!! Lol! Sounds good Zonk. I'm debating to get your pipe or remove the resonator and use a less restrictive muffler.

The resonator removel really gives it that gurgle. But a delete with your pipe and the neighbors may not be too happy. Have u considered trying it?

Also is there a loss of back pressure needed for torque. Dyno that girl show us some numbers

Fiat 500 Argento Sport

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car is not slower in ANY rpm from before the rear muffler delete. As far as loud, I started it under a carport, so that will amplify things a little on startup lol.

loss of backpressure is a good thing, it's the loss of scavenging thru a slower velocity thru the system that causes you to lose torque. I kept the stock pipe diameter so the velocity is unchanged, yet the loss of back pressure added some balls.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still have stock intake on car - that will be addressed next week :)

as for when the pipes will be ready, i need to firm up the final price / qty with the mfr, then get an eta. i'm guessing we are looking at 3 months min from this point.

the intake setup on the other hand should be a quick thing. once I have that done and tested, i will be ready to sell in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure at this point...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Put me on the waiting list for an intake zonker :D

@Fiat49 I actually did a whole straight pipe on my car, no mid resonator and no exhaust. That thing was brutal in a bad way. After 5mins of driving the car i turned around and got the mid resonator put back on. lol

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Intake setup is on my car, I've run it for 2 days now, I need to make some production worthy adjustments and then I will be a showoff with it.

Now it sounds pissed off.

enough so that I think will hear "your car sounds mean" rather than "your car is so cute".

Reactions: DjChexxx

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wanna hear that thing growl!

@Fiat49 I never tried it without the mid resonator and stock exhaust. Id imagine it to be a little more quiet than a muffler delete. I saw the mid resonator and its just a straight through, not chambered like the exhaust box

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
+1 dj

i think from a back pressure and performance perspective, the muffler is a larger negative than the resonator because it's not straight thru. Plus I will bet the car is still quiet with the muffler, but adds a little booming to the exhaust at certain rpms. Thats typically what i have seen of systems that ditch the resonator and keep the muffler.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have used up my allocated bandwidth here at the board to download pics, but i put an intake pic on my garage location...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
what about just loosing the rear resonator ?? how loud. how would sound with stock exhaust no resonator

Sent from my Argento 500
??
On a stock Fiat 500, there is one resonator and one muffler.
The resonator is the long muffler looking thing in the center of the car.
The muffler is the one after the rear wheel that extends to the rear bumper.

The "power pipe" replaces the muffler at the rear of the car.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
what about just loosing the rear resonator ?? how loud. how would sound with stock exhaust no resonator Sent from my Argento 500
You heard mine on youtube, with the rear removed and the center portion left (like zonkers) it sounds pretty mean with a bit of a growl, I think it'd def be too loud if you mess with the center piece though.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
on my garage link there is...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts