Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!! Just got a fiat 500 sport espresso sport manual!! Came across this forum and thought I would join in the fun.

I do have a question... What is a good RPM to shift at?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Hey all!! Just got a fiat 500 sport espresso sport manual!! Came across this forum and thought I would join in the fun.

I do have a question... What is a good RPM to shift at?
Welcome. Redline would be your answer, lol. Seriously, are you asking in terms of fuel economy or knocking over signs?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome. Redline would be your answer, lol. Seriously, are you asking in terms of fuel economy or knocking over signs?

I mean in the sense of best performance without hurting the engine. I've read sticking around 3 is good. Have not driven it much yet... still getting used to the car. Right now I have about 100 miles on it.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
For myself, I have an automatic, but I find shifting around 4000 to 4500 rpm gives you that consistent pull between gears. 4500 is my preference in spirited driving.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I shift around 3000, and I think there's a little chart in the owners manual as well with some suggestions.

Welcome!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Congrads!!!! You are going to love it! I usually shift normally at 3k pending my driving habit at the moment.

·
Registered
433 Posts
hello and welcome from a fellow espresso sport 5 speed driver.

two words: sport mode

I am amazed that the 1.4l multijet still pulls even in 5th gear

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats and welcome, while new on here I've been driving the same car around the Middle/North part of the State for a while now, if you see your twin be sure to wave. I drive it for fun, so my shifts are about 4500-5500

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Have a auto couldn't tell you. I say shift way, way, way, before it sound like its going to blow up

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats and welcome, while new on here I've been driving the same car around the Middle/North part of the State for a while now, if you see your twin be sure to wave. I drive it for fun, so my shifts are about 4500-5500
Thanks!! I've only seen one Fiat around Southern NH so far. I did see one up on 93 in Littleton heading to VT back in July I think it was. Still getting a lot of questions and head turns. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I find shifting at 3000 enough for the city and 2000-2500 if you want the tank to last forever, lol. Spirited driving takes you into the 4000-5000 range for fun.:)

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Just before 3k if you want good gas mileage. You'll hear the engine making noise at that point. I love the car, but there's little torque, so why bother revving it up higher?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.