Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new here and would appreciate some advice.

I bought a Fiat 500 Pop 2014 model,it has a remote fob that works perfect and a normal spare key thats non remote.

The spare key opens the doors and works ignition but the starter turns once then it cuts off and does not start.Same every time.

What could be the issue here?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Did you buy a used car. My 500 came with two remote key fobs. Just like every other brand car we bought, over the years.

·
Registered
25 Posts
+1 to What Tedolph said. Car won't start unless you're using a key fob that has been programmed to your car. Costs about $180 at a dealer to order/program a new fob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife's 2013 and 2017 500 POP each had two remote fobs, but no key-only, just as Smark remarked. I drive a 2016 500x Trekking Plus myself and the only problem is sometimes the rear hatch won't unlock easily even though I am right there with the fob... I think it is the switch on the hatch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
+1 to What Tedolph said. Car won't start unless you're using a key fob that has been programmed to your car. Costs about $180 at a dealer to order/program a new fob.
Please let me know where and how to get that for $180 ... You would die at what they charge here in Texas ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts