Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2013 Pop and local dealer looked up the VIN and said 82212995 is the correct spare kit.

But, of course, the 500 spare kits have been discontinued for 3 years.

I've googled and called about a dozen dealers, but cannot find it in stock or havent been able to yet.

Does anyone know of who might still have one of these kits in inventory, or as a salvage pull, or do you have one lying around?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Reactions: PaulieP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like 500Madness, a sponsor here has them.

great, thanks! Have an inquiry into them to see if it is the correct kit (82212995AB) to go with my year, since there are two model kits for the 2013 depending on manufacture date (as the 500Madness listing does not actually have the Fiat/Mopar part number, just their internal number).

Oddly, my 500 Pop is April 2013 Manufacture, and my Fiat dealer looked up the VIN and told me 82212995 is the version I need. However everywhere I look online says that part is for 500's made prior to March 9 2013, and that I need 82214782.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

·
Vendor
1,007 Posts
great, thanks! Have an inquiry into them to see if it is the correct kit (82212995AB) to go with my year, since there are two model kits for the 2013 depending on manufacture date (as the 500Madness listing does not actually have the Fiat/Mopar part number, just their internal number).

Oddly, my 500 Pop is April 2013 Manufacture, and my Fiat dealer looked up the VIN and told me 82212995 is the version I need. However everywhere I look online says that part is for 500's made prior to March 9 2013, and that I need 82214782.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
Hello PaulieP,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I believe Eric has your email and is in the process of replying right now.

He would be the best suited here to answer which spare tire kits we have in stock at our California Location.

You can also reach him at 562-981-6800 ext: 109.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a 2013 Pop and local dealer looked up the VIN and said 82212995 is the correct spare kit.
But, of course, the 500 spare kits have been discontinued for 3 years.

I've googled and called about a dozen dealers, but cannot find it in stock or haven't been able to yet.
Does anyone know of who might still have one of these kits in inventory, or as a salvage pull, or do you have one lying around?
Try to avoid getting your hands dirty at the scrap yard? lol - Best to pay the money and get something new, clean and... COMPLETE

Product Font Auto part Engineering Drawing

In APR22, found 2 Chrysler dealers in Montreal and there were 7 and 1 tire kit available at Des Sources Dodge Chrysler (514)685-4554, which I purchased for $438 + 65.59HST = $503.39CDN on 28APR22 - IF you phone your dealer, they can search remaining Montreal dealer with 6 tire kits still available. Once kits sold out, p/n is marked discontinued.

In 2014, tire kit became "14-17 FIAT 500 Spare Tire Emergency Kit OEM Mopar Genuine 82214782" - Further investigation showed that FIAT added (item19) Heat Shield - Mopar 68069840AB;

Whew... Thought I was in trouble having purchased older kit... Did obtain shield afterwards for $52.55CDN out the door from Menzies Chrysler in Whitby, ON. Discovered NAPA has the mounting nuts for shield in little automotive fastener kit/bag package. Careful about mixing metals as salt and corrosion cause galvanic action. With time, shield may fall off. Maybe coat fasteners with brake grease? Heads up!

Chrysler dealers have an internal database system where they can query Canadian and US dealers for stuff. I have obtained stuff from the US from Canada,

Hope what I chiseled above will help.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts