Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 500 sport this month. So far i like it. Don't like the ride height. So i got vogtland springs. Im not doing anything else to it. Here are some pics. And thanks all for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Nice. You might want to consider the Koni rear shocks and new or modified rear bumpstops, too. Those stock components don't work well with a lowered ride height.

Reactions: specter6633

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice. You might want to consider the Koni rear shocks and new or modified rear bump stops, too. Those stock components don't work well with a lowered ride height.

thank you. quick question.....why do i need new bump stops? im in the process of getting the koni shocks. it seems to be the talk on this forum and the yellow is cool looking so might as well get em. but aside from some people completely getting rid of the bump stop i dont see why we need to change it. i dont have the knocking everyone mentions and it rides really smooth. i even went over big bumps to make sure it felt solid lol.. but im new here so im sure you guys are aware of most of the problems. can you point me to the direction of what bump stops to get?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Edit: just read [h=2]Bellissimo's Nero Abarth suspension improvements[/h] please point me to the bump stops lol.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
He has a Fiat 500 parts section in his Store.

I found a lot of pogo effect with the stock shocks and stock bumpstops. They don't really dampen the rebound, but the stock bumpstops are so large that they limit the travel, hence it there is less travel to dampen by the stock shocks. The travel that is left with the stock bumpstops did make the car pogo though. More travel with better bumpstops and better dampening with the Koni shocks helped smooth it out.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
He has a Fiat 500 parts section in his Store.

I found a lot of pogo effect with the stock shocks and stock bumpstops. They don't really dampen the rebound, but the stock bumpstops are so large that they limit the travel, hence it there is less travel to dampen by the stock shocks. The travel that is left with the stock bumpstops did make the car pogo though. More travel with better bumpstops and better dampening with the Koni shocks helped smooth it out.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks again. Ill order the bump stops.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The ones that come with the Neu-F springs are slightly smaller than stock, but I can't answer your question specifically. If I had to guess I would think that you should be OK without trimming the stock fronts.

Reactions: specter6633

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
If I were you, I would get a pedal box. Your car sounds like it takes 5 minutes to rev up. The box will cut that time in half. Madness sells em or you could find a good go-pedal in the classifieds here in the forum for a good discount. It will make a new car out of your new ride

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I were you, I would get a pedal box. Your car sounds like it takes 5 minutes to rev up. The box will cut that time in half. Madness sells em or you could find a good go-pedal in the classifieds here in the forum for a good discount. It will make a new car out of your new ride
just waiting on some money to come in. in the mean time a cheap mod got these caps on ebay for 6 dollars makes the wheels look so much better.. went from this

to this

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thats probably the best sounding Sport I've heard. Maybe I'll have to look at getting one of those mufflers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update. painted the sport wheels black with bed liner and changed the resonator to a eBay one and now it makes this popping noise. sometimes its really loud. kinda like it.

Also got 4 snow tires and 4 conti really cheap so i wanted to try them out. the snow ones are falken espia ep-z 205 50 16. and the continentals extreme contact dws are 205 45 16. i didnt like the wheel gap on the continentals so i mounted the falken all around. feels really smooshy but its nice to have a smooth ride after those direzza summer tires.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts