Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happen to me twice now. On the highway. The speed limit is 65mph. I punch it to pass, another car. Hit 80-85 mph. A speed limit warning alert appears, on the speedo cluster info screen. Has anyone ever seen this before. :confused:

Hows the car know I'm speeding?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
This has happen to me twice now. On the highway. The speed limit is 65mph. I punch it to pass, another car. Hit 80-85 mph. A speed limit warning alert appears, on the speedo cluster info screen. Has anyone ever seen this before. :confused:

i set mine to 85 to let me now to slow the **** down :p

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
yes. In the cluster settings. You must be parked to get that menu.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts

well, maybe the car knows that 80-85 is not legal anywhere in the U.S., or at least I don't think so. :p

but yes, you can change the setting in the "Menu" on your cluster, along with turning OFF your DRL's. I HATE them things.

I've never gotten the Speed Limit Warning but then again the fastest I've gone is just shy of 80. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
yeah, today i had to do not a full on panic break but close while i was doing 85, it got pretty squirly under me kinda almost scared me, i was contemplating the suspension Mod, now it just shot it self up to the top of the big mod list!

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
yeah, today i had to do not a full on panic break but close while i was doing 85, it got pretty squirly under me kinda almost scared me, i was contemplating the suspension Mod, now it just shot it self up to the top of the big mod list!
Are you modifying a Pop, Sport or Lounge? Curious if the Sport is stable during high speed breaking as it has different suspension.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Imagine my surprise when my warning went off at 75...then I remembered my husband had been in the car the night before for a looooong time. I quickly set it back to 85!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I've never hit 75 in the car. true story

·
Registered
40 Posts
My $0.02
--only 95 so far. Very stable in the sport. :)
As for the emergency breaking the only new car with saftey systems that has felt pleasing to me in a emergency stop is the Prius.
I haven't really stood on the 500s break yet, but its reaction is okay.
Will work on getting a higher score. maybe this weekend when I drive to PA. :D

Ohh and yes, out in the middle of the US there are 85 MPH speed limits. :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts