Fiat 500 Forum banner

Sport arriving soon!

4K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Tweak 
#1 ·
I have been excited about the Fiat 500 since I saw the Abarth review on Top Gear several years ago. The wife prefers an auto, however, so we will be taking delivery on a Sport in a couple of weeks and soon after the mod bug will probably hit. I have been lurking here for awhile and am excited to start having contributions.

#8 ·
Oh, now I'm sad. It turns out I did not get in ahead of the deadline. I spoke with the dealer today and confirmed it didn't get processed in time, so I will be paying for my own oil changes, apparently.

#12 ·
Good point, although the last time I changed my own oil was on truck so we will see what new challenges come with a compact engine bay and low ride height.

#13 ·
IF I was going to change my own oil, I wouldn't even consider getting underneath the car. After you get underneath you have to drop 'the shield', which is 6 bolts/screws before you get to the actual drain plug.

Gen an OIL EXTRACTOR and remove the oil from the top of the engine! You have to remove the airbox to get to the filter cartridge from up top anyway. You just stick the extractor tube down the dipstick hole and suck.

#15 ·
It's finally here!!! I have come up with so many reasons to run errands in the day that I've had it so far. Every time I sit down on the couch, I start trying to come up with one more thing I might need to go do that requires driving. I am happy to be a part of the Fiat owners community.

#20 ·
Sorry to get back on subject, but did you get the auto or the manual. I ended up with the auto because of the wife, however it's just as fun as a stick. Flick shifter over to the left, push up 2, maybe 3 times, corner, accelerate, then flick down and say goodbye to the expedition that was tailing your arse for the last 2 miles. Smile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.