Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first autocross in the 500 was yesterday at Hialeah Park in Miami, FL. I'm waiting for the PAX times to be posted online to comment on the 500's performance (for now I'll say that this car has potential!) but in the meantime here are some pics. Unfortunately the event photographer's memory card crapped out so I don't have pics of the car on the course for now.

Looks good in "racing" trim, doesn't it? :D

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Nice! Were you running with the stock all seasons?
I plan to track mine once I do wheels and tires.:cool:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeap, all stock just like it rolled out of the showroom. Only thing I did was let some air out of the tires.

I almost broke into the top 1/3 of the field in PAX times. For a 100% stock car (not even alignment) running on all-seasons driven by a rookie driver who knew nothing about the car (I got to hit hit redline for the first time ever during my first run) I'd say that's pretty good. This car has potential :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only downshifted once in my first run (not heel and toe) and decided it wasn't needed so I ran on 2nd gear the whole time after that. But practicing while driving I could tell it'd be very easy to heal/toe in this car. The pedals are pretty close together. I still need to try it with full foot pressure though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd like to get some info from you as to when and where there will be some more solo II events in South Florida from Dec. 2013 onward. I want to get involved in my stock Abarth. Thanks. John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts