Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed the Sport button seems to give in a few ways...

It does add a feeling of quickness with the shift changes which is nice, what I have noticed though is the random changes in relation to the RPMs which seem far more noticeable to the shifting when in Sport mode. I'm not sure how best to explain it but I suppose it is a jerky feel in the tranny, not like it's broke or anything, just different and more often changing than when Sport mode is not turned on. I apologize for the drunken sounding description but it is truly a "feel and see it to understand" situation. Just curious how many others with the auto tranny may have observed any differences in the two modes besides the two obvious (steering stiffening and quicker shift points). Thanks guys (and girls)! :cool:

·
Registered
765 Posts
With the Auto, the sport button stiffens the steering, changes the shift points and makes the shifts harder/faster. Once in a while if it shifts as you let off the gas from 1st to 2nd its quite a little unexpected forward jump

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have what I describe as sling shot shift...feels like it is being propelled forward. Sort of cool. I don't like that it wants to downshift alot when I am driving nonenthusiastic. It seems to get smoother as I add up the miles but I am only around 500. I don't use the sport too often. Most places I drive have some traffic and I don't care if I leave everyone in my wake at red lights.

·
Registered
453 Posts
when I first got mine, I didn't see much difference, but the car was still very new to me. I decided to drive without sport for a while to get used to it. Then, yesterday, I put Sport on again, and I could really feel the difference. It was like a rocket off the line, and I had a strong urge to rev my engine whenever I was at the head of the line at a stop light, and look over to the guy next to me. It was definitely fun leaving the line a couple hundred feet behind me before I even hit the speed limit (35 in most of my town).

·
Registered
175 Posts
While driving through the North Georgia mountains today, I used the sport mode on my Lounge 500C and it seemed to work perfectly. More power and smooth shifting. My 500 has 3,050 miles on it but I don't know if that makes any difference. I also used the manual shift on the steep grades keeping it in third gear to get more power. Great Fun!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mine is a manual but for what its worth there's definitely a sweet spot when it comes to shifting. It might be like the sling shot effect mentioned above, every once in awhile I shift up and if I hit the revs right I'm gone...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a manual as well and there is a a deffinate difference, more responsive, steering is tighter and it's way more fun to drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts