Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just drove a 500 this weekend and was wondering if there is a way to have the Sport Mode "ON" all the time, until I turn it "OFF"? It was really irratating to have to turn "ON" the Sport Mode every time I started the car.

BTW, I'm new here, so be gentle! :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Doesn't seem to be a way. But even my Audi R8's Sport mode doesn't remain on when you switch off the ignition. I don't think it's a big problem.

Reactions: Col Pudgebutt

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for rubbing the R8 in :p
Yikes, sorry. Was just trying to put things in perspective. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone. Now that I re-read my post, it does sound a bit pompous. My apologies. :(

·
Registered
233 Posts
I agree, no apologies needed. Seems like a lot of early adopters like us have some disposable income, but like the Fiat for it's style, panache, and ease of use as a daily driver. Although, from what I know about the R8 that could be the best in it's class for everyday use.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im kidding man, i Love R8s. we're all here to talk cars no "pompousNess" talking about your babys ;)
I agree, no apologies needed. Seems like a lot of early adopters like us have some disposable income, but like the Fiat for it's style, panache, and ease of use as a daily driver. Although, from what I know about the R8 that could be the best in it's class for everyday use.
Whew...okay, thanks. But yes, the R8 is an amazing daily driver for what it is. But I love this new Fiat. I'm so glad we got it. :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
i agree with the R8 best DD in its class. now about the disposable in come, not so much on this end :D haha

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so now that this thread has become the 'R8 Discussion Thread', how about posting some PICS? :p

back on topic.......so I guess everyone's in agreement that you have to hit the "Sport" button each time you start the car? also, are the Foglamps the same way? I know on my Charger, once I turn them on, they come on each time I turn on my lights. just curious.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
so now that this thread has become the 'R8 Discussion Thread', how about posting some PICS? :p

back on topic.......so I guess everyone's in agreement that you have to hit the "Sport" button each time you start the car? also, are the Foglamps the same way? I know on my Charger, once I turn them on, they come on each time I turn on my lights. just curious.....
I haven't taken any of the R8 with the 500 yet, so hopefully this will do.

Can't say the foglight situation is the same as on the R8 this time since the Audi doesn't have them. Come to think of it, I don't even know how to turn them on on the Fiat! :eek:

Reactions: GotFiat

·
Registered
614 Posts

Can't say the foglight situation is the same as on the R8 this time since the Audi doesn't have them. Come to think of it, I don't even know how to turn them on on the Fiat! :eek:
Wow!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the R8 cost more than those 'apartments' in the background???? :p

as for the Foglamps on the FIAT, there's a switch in the center of the dash. :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

Purrrrrr.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the R8 cost more than those 'apartments' in the background???? :p

:)
Well, Vancouver real estate prices are through the roof, so those rowhomes in the background are pretty expensive too. :D

Purrrrrr.:)
Thanks. LOL

On-topic again, I'm loving the Sport mode on the 500, even though you have to press the button every time you start the ignition. The weighting on the steering is pretty well-judged for a city car, just the right amount of resistance while still making it easy to parallel park. And the motor makes a nice bit of "vroom vroom" when you rev it.

I hope everyone's enjoying this little ingot as much as I am. :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I dont have an R8 to compare it too:p ( beautiful car by the way!) but I did have an RX8 before this, and although I do miss the rear wheel drive, I think i have more fun in my 500. After a custom exhaust was made and an intake, it has really brought it to life and it sounds great, it turns way more heads than my rx-8 ever did, and I cant complain about the 34 MPG I average versus the 15 mpg in my RX8.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I dont have an R8 to compare it too:p ( beautiful car by the way!) but I did have an RX8 before this, and although I do miss the rear wheel drive, I think i have more fun in my 500. After a custom exhaust was made and an intake, it has really brought it to life and it sounds great, it turns way more heads than my rx-8 ever did, and I cant complain about the 34 MPG I average versus the 15 mpg in my RX8.
ditto...no R8 for me. no RX8 either. the closest thing I've had to a "anything" 8 was a 93 Dodge Ram 250 with a 5.9L V8......:(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Would love to know more about this custom exhaust and intake of yours.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
intake is from road race motorsports

www.roadracemotorsports.com it makes an amazing difference, easy to install, makes a great noise and is a noticable increase in power.

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Domdil/?action=view&current=IMG_0765.mp4

as for a custom exhaust, i took it to a reputable shop and what they did was cut out the middle muffler and replaced it with a straight pipe, same diameter as stock ( stock exhaust is already a good size, going to bigger piping would most likley result in loss of power due to lack of back pressure, and it would sound ricey.) and I had the stock rear muffler replaced with a high flow magnaflow muffler. Entire setup cost me $350 and it sounds great in my opinion.

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/Domdil/?action=view&current=IMG_0727.mp4

1 - 20 of 28 Posts