Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if you can get a Sport with the white trim options on the dash board and steering?

Also, when you buy the sport does the audio system have an XM built in or do you have to add the additional Safety and Sound package to get XM radio capability?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Can't get white at all on Sport.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
call or visit a dealer?

·
Registered
40 Posts
You have to add on the Safety and Sound to get the XM radio. I was really bummed to find out I couldn't get the Ivory interior on our sport, but it's probably for the best. Now I don't have to worry about keeping it clean.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I thought the Bose system came with the sport as part of the package. That is what my dealer told me, but he was wrong about other things so...

·
Registered
856 Posts
I thought the Bose system came with the sport as part of the package. That is what my dealer told me, but he was wrong about other things so...
Yes, Bose system comes with Sport model. (standard) We are talking about XM/Sirius Sat radio which is not standard. Like Zinniz mentioned, you have to get Safety & Sound option. (w/o this option, there is no alarm system on Fiat either. Of course you have keyless entry but it's just keyless entry, not an alarm.
Easy way to find out whether you have alarm or not, just lock the car with remote. If you hear a short horn sound, you have alarm, if you dont, you dont have an alarm. (although, you can turn off the horn sound reading manual, but everyone seem to find the method so hard or something. I dont have an alarm so I cannot speak that my statement is 100% true)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Yes, Bose system comes with Sport model. (standard) We are talking about XM/Sirius Sat radio which is not standard. Like Zinniz mentioned, you have to get Safety & Sound option. (w/o this option, there is no alarm system on Fiat either. Of course you have keyless entry but it's just keyless entry, not an alarm. Easy way to find out whether you have alarm or not, just lock the car with remote. If you hear a short horn sound, you have alarm, if you dont, you dont have an alarm. (although, you can turn off the horn sound reading manual, but everyone seem to find the method so hard or something. I dont have an alarm so I cannot speak that my statement is 100% true)
Actually some of the info in the manual is said to be wrong, admitted to be as such by Fiat, this if I recall properly is one of those items.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just purchased my Sport 2 days ago..........it DOES have the alarm as myself, family and all the neighbors now know.........but doesn't have the Sat. Radio which I miss terribly all ready.

Can anyone push me into the right direction for a good XM radio????? Yes....I know Sirrus/XM merged....but Sirrus doesn't have MLB and XM receiver does.

How about you young Smart guys/gals......help an old guy out? (smile)

I'm actually looking for a replacement "In Dash" unit if possible.

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

·
Registered
100 Posts
My wife's car is a white sport, with a white dash but a black steering wheel, Bosse, Sat radio and a still missing Tom-Tom!
Don't know how much of that is stock, it's the the way it was at the Studio.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Nowdays the radios are Sirus/XM and do get MLB play by play.

Channels 176 - 189

Someone is trying to put a Fiat Sirius/XM radio into the car. Seems it might not be too hard to do.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Easy way to find out whether you have alarm or not, just lock the car with remote. If you hear a short horn sound, you have alarm, if you dont, you dont have an alarm.
Is this true? The dealer tried to sell me an alarm for $300 when I bought my Sport. I declined at the time, but was about to call to make an appointment to have the alarm installed. ..but my horn honks when I lock my car. This means I have an alarm already?!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yes you have an alarm. dealer may be offering an aftermarket or they would have done nothing and charged you $300 to show you how to use your factory alarm!!! let's hope not!

Fiat 500 Argento Sport
w00t! That's great news. thanks for replying.

..and about your avatar pic. You have a racing number -- something I've been wanting but wasn't sure which size to order. What's the diameter of yours, and where did you buy it?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The White/ivory interior trim, but mostly the white steering wheel is why I settled with the pop. Other then rougher suspension the sport didn't feel any quicker then the pop. And I do not like the plain grey interior at all in the sport. So instead of extra cash for a plain sport, I saved about $4k getting a loaded pop. It is a 5-speed manual, and the sport mode makes a noticeable difference. Otherwise it's just smooth nice luxury interior that the sports seem to lack.

Should put the abarth interior in the sport... IMO

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nowdays the radios are Sirus/XM and do get MLB play by play.

Channels 176 - 189

Someone is trying to put a Fiat Sirius/XM radio into the car. Seems it might not be too hard to do.
That's not entirely correct........

I too thought Sirius/XM merge would get MLB play by play, however, my 2012 Mercedes Sirius/XM does not. A call to S/XM I was told it depended upon the receiving unit. You could purchase something additional and could receive MLB Sports news.....but not play by play.

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

·
Registered
18 Posts
It should be noted, that the 2013 Sport no longer comes with Bose (none do.) Bose is instead being replaced by Fiat Premium Audio, and you can upgrade to Beats Audio.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
OK, looking at the Sirius XM page, the Fiat radio is a Sirius.

And no MPB, only XM or SiriusXM radios get them.

No idea WHY, as those channels are unused on Sirius. Maybe later.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yes you have an alarm. dealer may be offering an aftermarket or they would have done nothing and charged you $300 to show you how to use your factory alarm!!! let's hope not!

Fiat 500 Argento Sport
Well, my horn definitely beeps when I lock up my car, but I'm starting to think I don't actually have an alarm. When I was at the studio buying my car, we were sitting in one of the cars and when we locked the door the alarm set. When we got out of the car the alarm went off until my sales person could run and get the keys to turn it off. I tried this with my car this morning and nothing happens. I can set it, then open the door and nothing happens.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts