Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the springs are different on the Sport? I've noticed that the Sport has a more aggressive stance than the Pop and I'd like to get mine closer to that. However, I also don't want to void the warranty on a Fiat. If there are OEM spring differences, I'd rather go that route seeing some of the reviews of the Eibach kit on here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The shocks are different as well, personally I would just get some springs and lower it. It would void the strut warranty and that would be all I would think. The sport still needs to be lower then it is anyway, so much wheel gap.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ih8vtec,
I agree with you on the "look" of the Sport being not lowered enough, but from a handling perspective....
Once the car has "leaned over" into the turn, its actually quite stable and holds the road really well. You just have to have the balls to load up the springs like that!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm not saying that my sport has poor handling by any means, it feels like I'm driving. Street legal go kart. I knew that it was gonna handle well but it has impressed me so much, and it's just SSSOOOO maneuverable, really love it. Just love it more with som lower springs and a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'm considering the Eibach route. I've got no complaints about the cornering of this thing. I'm pretty much going for the aesthetic purposes. I've seen the tuned ones over in Europe and that's really what I've got in mind.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
OK, I have decided the time has come for the eibach pro kit :)

Now, who got the best price out there?

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Road Race MotorSports just dropped the price on them I know, around $40 less than before so worth looking at when comparing.
i just looked there, it says $259 prob plus shipping and 500 madness at $269!! tire rack will have them next week and its $205 + 19.99 shipping!

and yes for the bump stop trick, and i need to find someone for the installation, whats the average cost?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
i just looked there, it says $259 prob plus shipping and 500 madness at $269!! tire rack will have them next week and its $205 + 19.99 shipping!

and yes for the bump stop trick, and i need to find someone for the installation, whats the average cost?

They were $299 before the drop to $259, I am working on buying from RRM with several other items in the near future, just awaiting a few answers from Brandon currently. I noticed TireRack was out of stock as well, if they have them for $205 though that is a nice savings and waiting a week is totally worth it. Do you intend to get the Pro Kit or the SportLine springs? I feel the SportLine is just too low.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
The Pro. The sportline would be too hard and the Fiat would be a plow in the winter.
Any ideas on the install prices out there?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Just ordered a Set from the TireRack, $235 shipping included, should be delivered on the 5th or 6th. now about the install!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
My H&Rs should be here next week, not sure on the install but I think it is not too bad, maybe a couple hours, and not sure if people have done alignments as well, not that there is much to adjust in the rear.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
So far I am hearing $250. That's nuts! I don't wanna spend more on the install than the actual springs...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well probably still a couple hours of labour for most places so that adds up, only way cheaper is to find someone who wants to help you out with tools and try the DIY routine. That is still a lot less than the coils put into my GTI so I am at least a little happy to be saving some money, but shop rates are not cheap these days and depends on alignments too as they add cost but messing with suspension you should usually take a look at the numbers.

·
Registered
341 Posts
So far I am hearing $250. That's nuts! I don't wanna spend more on the install than the actual springs...
Why not?
You bought the springs at a fantastic price.

Does this mean that if someone gave you the springs for free, you wouldn't want to pay to have them installed at all?

BC.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Why not?
You bought the springs at a fantastic price.

Does this mean that if someone gave you the springs for free, you wouldn't want to pay to have them installed at all?

BC.
Not that, i just didn't wanna spend more than $400 total, i squeezed the budget for the springs, i don't wanna break the bank with the install, i just needed the springs not wanted them, the car tried to kill me a few times.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts