Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before:

Not so great. With steel winter wheels and the moldings unpainted due to a studio folly, it wasn't winning any fashion awards.

After painting with the Sport wheels back on:

It looks so much better, and what a driving difference with the OEM Sport wheels on! The Collinite 845 I applied in December held up well through CT's mild winter, and I ordered some Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 for the car because I've heard its protection and longevity is unmatched.

Like all of us, I am really looking forward to Spring.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Looks good, I'm dying to get my rims, but I looked at the 14 day long range and it looks like the temps will be down again later on.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Very nice, really a good set up.

·
Registered
317 Posts
These cars do look rather plan without the side moldings. My studio had a $500 promotion to accessories so I had them installed free on my sport along with various other things.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I also put side moldings on my pearl white sport. I had the moldings painted fiat 500 red (the lighter shade). Adding a little color to a white car really sets it off. I learned from customizing my white Italian racing bike that adding a little color can really make something look special.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Stig, do you have a photo of your car? I'd like to see it.

Looks good, I'm dying to get my rims, but I looked at the 14 day long range and it looks like the temps will be down again later on.
I fought it for as long as I could, but this winter has been very mild so the wheels went back on about a month earlier than usual. And so far no crippling snowstorm. Which is surprising, and nice.

Here's one - A friend is on vacation out west, and his apartment complex notified him that they would be doing construction in the garage where he parks his 335, and that it needed to be removed ASAP. He had left his spare key at the house, which was fortunate because otherwise the car would have been towed, so I went and picked up the 335 for him. He lives an hour away, but the BMW dealer that he uses is within walking distance of my house so it went there for routine service until he gets back from skiing.

I brought the camera and the 14mm, which let me shoot over my shoulder without even looking at the Fiat, and laughably enough I was able to get some acceptable rolling shots of the 500. They're not quite on the level of what I consider excellent, but I usually have someone driving the car for those. I also got video of the 335 ripping through 3rd and 4th gear. It's pretty fast, and I'm always amazed by how smooth it is despite the power.

The focus is off during the 500's screen time, just enough to give it a soft look that sadly isn't intentional.

Pics:

I hope everyone enjoyed their St. Patrick's Day!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Hmm thinking of side Moldings so reviving a few threads.

I like the idea if red side moldings on white.

What would look good on a Silver.

I was thinking of Grigio with Grigio mirror covers??

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
440 Posts
my next mod

·
Registered
440 Posts
its cheaper to buy it from the web and get it painted by a body shop

·
Registered
57 Posts
I asked my Studio about this as I was purchasing the car, and they recommended 500madness. I realized that the molding that madness has is just a plain strip, not the type with the removable molding inserts (with the checkers, 500, etc) so I'm thinking they are not OEM. Anyone have experience with the molding from Madness?

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
$140 plus $80 for the inserts and $225 for paint = ouch!!

Sent from my Argento 500
Thats a little less than it cost me to do my sport. I thought it was well worth the money.
Pearl white paint with red lounge molding.
I might do it on my Abarth too.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts