Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cruising to work in typical 405 traffic near the Westminster mall at 6:30am today when I saw a slammed orange 500e with black wheels zip by, who might this be? Anyone on here?

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dunno but you're driving too slow to keep up!
Lol I was about to exit which is why I was in the slow right lane… usually I’m the guy doing 80 in the carpool down the 605.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would love to mod my 500e like this but I just can't justify it when I only paid 7k for it. Its purely just a tool to get me from A to B and a fun one at that. I have thought about buying some vinyl stripes to break up all the gray of the car.

I have a feeling that most users of this forum are from SoCal. It might be fun to do a meet up some day.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would love to mod my 500e like this but I just can't justify it when I only paid 7k for it. Its purely just a tool to get me from A to B and a fun one at that. I have thought about buying some vinyl stripes to break up all the gray of the car.

I have a feeling that most users of this forum are from SoCal. It might be fun to do a meet up some day.
The fact that you only paid seven grand makes more sense to put a little personalization of your own because you paid so little for it. Think of it this way you’re driving a $32,000 car for 1/5 its value, surely the savings mean a lil can be invested into the point A to B car I mean mine is just that but doesn’t mean I shouldn’t mod and enjoy it. I mean I would feel kind of opposed to modifying a car that cost $35,000 because I paid so much for it why devalue it. But in stock form I think the 500e is pretty hideous as far as height, wheel gap, the wheel design and things like that it’s one of those things I just had to do. All of my modifications were functional as well as aesthetic.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The fact that you only paid seven grand makes more sense to put a little personalization of your own because you paid so little for it. Think of it this way you’re driving a $32,000 car for 1/5 its value, surely the savings mean a lil can be invested into the point A to B car I mean mine is just that but doesn’t mean I shouldn’t mod and enjoy it. I mean I would feel kind of opposed to modifying a car that cost $35,000 because I paid so much for it why devalue it. But in stock form I think the 500e is pretty hideous as far as height, wheel gap, the wheel design and things like that it’s one of those things I just had to do. All of my modifications were functional as well as aesthetic.

You make a good point. I still can't see myself putting much money into this car. I actually don't even drive it that much since I work from home even before the pandemic.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You make a good point. I still can't see myself putting much money into this car. I actually don't even drive it that much since I work from home even before the pandemic.
I drive mine 2500+ miles a month already edging on 50k miles soon (I bought it with 22k in February of 2020) and during lockdown I was laid off for 3 months so it sat most of the time. We’ll see soon what a 100k mile 500e battery has in store lol. Once the car reaches end of life when battery is no longer feasible to use I might do one of 2 things, dismantle the pack and use it for a home made powerwall or rebuild the pack with modern ones with more capacity since cheap lithium is gonna be plenty once EV gains massive adoption by then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts