Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I sold my Fiat Prima Edition #363 few months already.

Nothing wrong at all for the unit, as they were brand new still in the box.

On other post, I am also selling my 2 sets Brand New Competizione Sport Tuning wheels ( Silver & Black )

·
Vendor
729 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Is this not a redudent add on? We already have a sport function that does the exact same thing no?
I do not have the Sprint Booster so I cannot comment on that but I can say even with the Sport button I always notice the INITIAL take-off from a complete stand still (overly stressed it I know) has a hesitation...I think with the Auto trans it is worse than the Manual trans, when pressing the throttle the RPMS climb higher than typically in any other car I have ever driven then the car begins to move, it all happens fairly quickly but the hesitation IS there and I not only notice it but I HATE it so I have considered this hoping it would eliminate that, curious how it would work when paired with the ECU Tuner module from Rob/RRM, could be an awesome pairing and it SHOULD work considering they operate differently and connect to separate locations there should be no conflicts. This just kills that hesitation supposedly but I am unsure how well it works and remain hesitant, this is how I see what I have read and spoken about when it came to the Sprint Booster but again, I do not own one I've just considered it many many times.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
When I test drove the auto, I noticed NO hesitation. I do notice it in my manual. I do not recall hearing how the sprint booster works from someone who bought installed and used it.
I might be interested.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I notice it more when I "pop" the throttle a bit hard, if I just tap it and proceed it seems ok but if I am in a hurry and happen to get down on it a bit it has a slight hesitation, perhaps sometime I will try to make a little video of it with the phone and see how it comes out in video if at all, much easier felt than video is likely to convey.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I spent about an hour doing a search for Sprint Booster (SB) reviews. I found discussion on various sites lke Nissan, Subaru, Audi and BMW. The discussions are all almost exactly the same.
Someone posts that they got the SB and that they love it. Some people ask questions and or chime in that they tried it and like it as well. Then, the "experts" chime in. They say what the SB does can be duplicated by simply mashing the throttle. They explain why the SB does nothing really and a tune would be better and that people who bought the SB wasted their money.

The other thing I found is that those who think the SB is junk have never tried it. The people who have tried it generally love it.

My take on it is that it doesn't make your car faster. It makes it more fun. For $250-300 that's plenty for me. I may give it a try.

·
Registered
116 Posts
FWIW... I did a bunch of looking too - not for my car but for a friends Scion. She asked if it made the car faster, added HP or exactly what it did.

My research tells me this:

1: it does NOT add HP in any way, shape, or form.
2: it most likely does make the the car "quicker" (not faster) since it opens the throttle faster - it wont make it faster since full throttle is full throttle regardless of how quickly you get there.
3: it would appear that all it does is simply remap the throttle curve so that the throttle response is more linear (like a throttle cable would be) rather than "buffered" around the middle to give better gas mileage.

If I can find the site I found that explained it in detail with graphs I will post it...

I can tell you this: I have driven a car with one and the difference is impressive. It is similar to the "sport" mode on our cars, just more of the same.
A tune will actually add HP - this is simply a way to improve throttle response and feel.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Amen, Rev.

·
Vendor
729 Posts
It works well enough that we offer our customers this product with a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. It is not the same as the Sport Button.

$250 is a great price since we can sell out regularly at $299.99

1 - 19 of 19 Posts