Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need some clarification on the starter installation of the wires as when I unscrewed the bolt the starter fell from under the vehicle. There are 2 wires to the starter that attach to this plastic cap which has some sort of wavy metal o-ring built into it. I am assuming that the larger diameter small wire rests against this wavy metal oring and only sets into the plastic cap one way, then you place the heavy duty cable on last and tighten up, which is what I have done. some reason, I hear a slight humming sound when the key is in the ignition and a click near the starter underneath the car when I attempt to start it. My issue is; I turn the key to the on position, I hear the fuel pump prime, and for a split tenth of a second it wanted to start then went into a free spinning no compression mode. Do I have the starter hooked up correctly? Or maybe the bolt on the starter cables are not tight enough. I already replaced the starter and battery. Oil levels are good and changed the oil again thinking it maybe a oil priming issue. i desperatley need help before I drive this off a cliff.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts