Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had our 500C just over a week now and tonight we decided to go out for provisions to our local Walmart.

Bad idea.

We had a cart full of groceries and filled the trunk quickly. At that point I decided to put the roof down so we could set the rest of our groceries on the back seat. That was when I learned the ins and out of operating the roof with the trunk open. We managed to get everything stowed and got home.

I put the roof back to retrieve the stuff from the back seat and learned another Fiat trick, when I attempted to open the trunk, the roof automatically went up to the halfway positon.

Lesson learned? When going to Walmart, Sam's Club, BJs or Costco we'll take the big car, our Chevy HHR. Besides, the 500C is meant for better things than hauling grub.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Did no one tell you the back seats fold down?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Never go to wallmart.... evil store. Oh and if you can't fit it all into a Fiat 500 you don't need it.
Try justifying that to a musician with a guitar, amplifier, and pedal board set-up.

/Not planning to purchase the car for the transport of larger items.

·
Registered
856 Posts
yup, same story here.
I went to Costco to get some TPs and kitchen towels and you know how costco have only gigantic packages like 100 rolls of tps and 50 rolls of kitchen towels. lol
well, I was able to fit both of them in the back seat via hatch door, and some chicken wings, fruits, bottled waters, and FIAT was full. it was so stuffed..
I started laughing and so did my gf.. LMAO!
I came from big SUV to FIAT so I wasnt thinking right.
Lesson learned!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I like Walmart. The one where I live is open 24x7, employs a boatload of people and has kept my real estate taxes low.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I was surprised to find that I could fit my golf clubs in our 500c once I put the rear seats down. Our trunk and opening is smaller than the hatchback models, but still have enough room.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Coming from a bicycle with panniers, a scooter and a motorcycle I continue to be shocked at all the stuff I can put in the Fiat. Also, the Fiat trunk has substantially more space than my wife's Mazda 5 when the Mazda's third-row seats are up. Of course, they're usually down, but the point still stands.

·
Registered
12,820 Posts
We take the Honda Fit, when we go to Walmart, or Costco. Holds more. Wish my Sports rear seat folded down flat, like the Fit.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I can get my mountain bike in without dismounting the front wheel! It drops down into the well behind the drivers seat.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Walmart can suck it, as far as I'm concerned. Final straw - they tried to card me for a six pack of beer. JFC, I'm almost 50! I have a grey beard! That tore it with me, I tolerated them up to that point, now I actively work against them. $&#k Walmat with a sharp pointy stick!

Oh, I haul lots of stuff in my 500. Mulch, guitars, porch rocker, you name it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the helpful hints, I had no idea that the rear seat would fold down. Seriously, in the 500c the trunk opening is small, really small. I noticed the other day that the lid has one of those emergency inside releases on it. I can't imagine even attempting to stuff a body back there, of course we could put the rear seats down, then of course the kidnappee, wouldn't need the emergency release.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Thanks for all the helpful hints, I had no idea that the rear seat would fold down. Seriously, in the 500c the trunk opening is small, really small. I noticed the other day that the lid has one of those emergency inside releases on it. I can't imagine even attempting to stuff a body back there, of course we could put the rear seats down, then of course the kidnappee, wouldn't need the emergency release.
Hey there neighbor, I never noticed the release so maybe it is only on the verts, I do have the pull down to close handle though.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I didn't figure out what was going on here until the last couple of posts, having never looked at a 500C. I am guessing you don't have a large hatch door like the rest of us non-C owners.

My other vehicle is an F-350 4x4 regular-cab diesel flatdeck. You would think it has a ton of storage, but when grocery shopping, you can't put the bags on the deck... so I am used to placing everything on the passenger seat and the floor.

When I made my first shopping trip with the 500, I again put everything on the passenger seat and the floor, not even giving it a second thought. When I mentioned to a friend that somebody had parked close to my passenger door making it difficult to put all the groceries in on the passenger side, he asked why I didn't just put them in the trunk... well the thought had never even occured to me that I actually HAD a trunk!

So now when I open up the trunk (done it twice now), I marvel at all the space my little 500 has compared to my truck. lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got my 500c last Sunday, and I'm already loading my great Dane pup through the trunk. She climbs in gently and then sits on the folded back seat. :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts