Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. as i sit waiting for my blue pop this week, i was thinking about rims only for the sake of lower weight at the wheels. i noticed on tirerack that most rims run between 14-18 lbs apiece. does anyone know the approximate weight of the 15" steel wheels on the 500?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
I also own a Pop. I don't think the wheel weight matters unless you went through and modified things like the suspension. In fact, now that I think about it, the car has a fairly high center of gravity, and the steel wheels help lower it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I also own a Pop. I don't think the wheel weight matters unless you went through and modified things like the suspension. In fact, now that I think about it, the car has a fairly high center of gravity, and the steel wheels help lower it.
My car actually has a warning on the manual, saying that it has a higher center of gravity than other vehicles, and asking to drive carefully... does yours say the same?

I thought the warning was only used for SUVs!

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
I am a very conservative driver, but I wasn't always. I unintentionally learned how to perform a high-speed stop, where the car slides sideways down the road. So I have tests that I do on all my cars once I am fairly confident I can control them. The Fiat will take a sliding turn just as fast as my VW Passat. BUT - I would not like to think what might happen if I tried to hit the brakes midway into the maneuver. I really think the car might roll instead of skidding sideways like you would hope it would.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts