Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the smell of snow is in the air and i can't stand the thought of using my 16" "sport wheels". About to stop at the stealership to see what they have to offer as far as winter wheels go and tires to match. Was wondering if anyone has been quoted on the matter or find other sources for this.

Thanks in advance, and I'll get back with what they offered me.

Rodrigo

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I bought mine for 1100 from the dealer and they are Marangoni tires mounted on rims with TPMS. Dealer says they come from Italy. I saw another dealer who had Michelin Tires and rims complete for about the same.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi El Barista,

Wondering which dealership you are dealing with. My dealer, PieIX Fiat had a special being replica 500 rims and Marangomi tires for $799. (15") Seems like a good deal. I am told that those are good tires, but I have never heard of them. I opted for studded Hakkapeliita tires imstead. The dealer was uncertain that he could sell me the rims alone, due to availability, but finally agreed to do so.

Good luck, and let us know what offer you received.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got a set of 4 Lounge Wheels for $499 and then Nokian Hakk 5's mounted, balanced and installed for $130 ea (I like snow tires that come from SNOW people)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm still in denial winter is coming and that there is snow on the ground right now. *hands over ears lalalalalala

·
Registered
149 Posts
The local dealer said about $78 for OEM steel wheels, and Tire Rack has a bunch of 15" alloys for under $100.

I'm thinking steel might be better, especially over cheap alloys. Anybody have a price on OEM hubcaps?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought our Pop with standard steel wheels assuming I’d do the same as I always do and use the OEM steel wheels that came with the car for my snows and them put the OEM tires on some alloy wheels. Well it seems that no one has stud-able tires in the 185/55-15 size around here anyway (or even Tire Rack et al.). I’m not sure what I’ll do; one option seems to be to get 14 inch wheels for snows that come in equivalent diameter to the 185/55-15 size.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Gephet, Nokian makes a fabulous studded tire in that size. It is the Hakkapeliita 5 or 7, and it is factory studded. I know, I bought them!

·
Registered
341 Posts
We had the same issue when searching for a winter tire that would fit Bat's Sport. What we wound up having to do was change the size to 195/50-16, and then we were able to select from a few different tire choices.

We chose the Yokohama IceGuard IG20 tires.
They fit perfectly, no rubbing under the car, since there's plenty of room for tire/suspension travel, and they are not studded tires, so they won't chew up the road surface when there isn't packed snow and ice to drive on, which is what it's like the majority of the time here in the Denver Metro area.

BC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gephet, Nokian makes a fabulous studded tire in that size. It is the Hakkapeliita 5 or 7, and it is factory studded. I know, I bought them!
I currently have Nokian's, or "Hakks" as we sometimes call them on my Subaru and have had many sets before. Studded Hakks would be my first choice, however, they are on serious backorder here and no one will tell me when they can get me four, otherwise that's what I'd do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm getting my new lounge any day now, I've asked the dealer to put winter rubbers on my lounge rims so he's done that for no cost difference.

That way I will have decent rims for the winter and come spring, gonna by myself a set of new summer rubbers with some nice upgraded 17 inch rims :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I currently have Nokian's, or "Hakks" as we sometimes call them on my Subaru and have had many sets before. Studded Hakks would be my first choice, however, they are on serious backorder here and no one will tell me when they can get me four, otherwise that's what I'd do.
GEPHET - I got my Hakk's at Vianor in Concord NH last week, I called them up and they had them the next day, told me they had 19 in stock. Just realized you mentioned studded, I got non-studded, yup Nokians can only be studded in Finland and that would have taken a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
StreetPhotos:

Your info indicates you have a Sport which has 16" wheels not 15" like my Pop I believe, that could also be part of the issue. None of the folks I spoke with indicated that they had a Nokian even w/o studs.

I have decided to go with a slightly larger diameter (3%) 185/60-15 which is readily available with studs, although I did not get a Nokian. I hope clearance will not be a problem.

Thanks,

gephet

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
So the smell of snow is in the air and i can't stand the thought of using my 16" "sport wheels". About to stop at the stealership to see what they have to offer as far as winter wheels go and tires to match. Was wondering if anyone has been quoted on the matter or find other sources for this.

Thanks in advance, and I'll get back with what they offered me.

Rodrigo
as a life long DEALERship employee, I find this very insulting. think about it, you're going to your FIAT Studio to ask what kind of deal they'll make you AFTER you referred to them as a "STEALERship" online. 'what if' I were to place an ad in the newspaper calling you and your business 'theives' and then walk in there and ask 'what kind of deal can you make me?'. :mad:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I checked the parts department at my local dealership, and they were quoting the exact same model wheels and tires, and prices, that Tire Rack has. Sport Edition F2, Michelin X-Ice, ~$730, and they wanted extra to mount and balance, which Tire Rack does for free. Of course there is no shipping at the dealership, but there is the 8.25% NY sales tax. But if I buy four Michelins from Tire Rack I get a $70 gift card.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello all!

I just bought my son a 2012 sport prima edizione. I love the little car but it certainly doesn't track like my 335i on the highway.

I just ordered some Fast Pathogen wheels with Nordfrost studded tires and TPMS sensors. My question is, how badly have the snow tires affected your tracking?

The snows on my 335i completely ruin the driving experience for me. I'm afraid the 500 will be downright dangerous.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts