Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi There,

I have just taken delivery of a 2013 Fiat 500 L - Diesel - Stop / Start - SemiAuto - 39,000miles for my sister. First car hopefully.

Starting the car, there was no power. After putting my jump pack on, I noticed the positive battery clamp very loose so have tightened that up.

The car starts up, however the dash followed:
  • Steering Corrector Unavailable
  • ESC Unavailable
  • Hill Holder Unavailable

I put the car in first gear, revved the car up and it didn’t move, so I revved it up a bit more and all of a sudden it jolted forward and stalled.

**Has anyone had any issues like this before? It’s like I had no drive at all, then suddenly about 4K revs it just kicked in. It would be great to get some input here…

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Obviously, the battery drained out. You need to start with the fresh battery first and foremost. Those cars don't like a weak battery. Take the battery out, press the brake pedal few times to drain any residual charges in the system, and hook a new battery (or fully charged, load-tested battery), and see what it does. If you still see the CEL, erase the codes, and see if it comes back. This is just the beginning of diagnostic process. If it doesn't work, a dealer visit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi J.B.

Thanks for your reply. I purchased a battery tonight and will fit it tomorrow. I also noticed the interior and exterior lights were slightly flickering, I guess this suggests a bad ground also. So will have a proper look in the morning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Battery replaced, and ground connections cleaned up. Now have a car that has no fault codes on the dash. However, my main issue is long far solved.

When I put the car into drive, I see on the dash selecting 1st gear. However giving the car some revs to move forward, the car eventually slams into gear with quite a shunt and stalls the engine. This is quite a serious problem, and I won’t be doing that again, but can someone point me into the right direction for a fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts