Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple of weeks ago, this sale of FCA to Stellantis took place. I had also recently received a recall notice concerning certain model engine builds that consume excess oil. Sadly, I am one of those victims/owners. With the mileage now reading 41,200 miles, check engine light is on, ( thermostat rationality), drive selector switch inoperative ( no known reason), consumes approximately 1 quart of oil per 750 miles (trying to find a dealership to perform the oil consumption test), waiting to see how THAT goes, what next?
The oil consumption issue is with the 2.4L Multi-Air tigershark engines, of certain build lines, that also include Audi and Volkswagen. What a freaking mess!!!
The oil consumption issue is now officially a recall.
Is there an issue of the week I may have missed?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
The issue, I see. Where do you take a Fiat for any service? When there is a hand full dealership left. With the last nails, in their coffin.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
2.4, that's 500X. You are in luck, the regular CJDR dealer will service it. Just last week, I called a CJDR dealer nearest to me to ask a quote for a certain service on my regular 500. I called them because they used to have a Fiat dealer there. I was told, "We don't that touch that stuff any more."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2.4, that's 500X. You are in luck, the regular CJDR dealer will service it. Just last week, I called a CJDR dealer nearest to me to ask a quote for a certain service on my regular 500. I called them because they used to have a Fiat dealer there. I was told, "We don't that touch that stuff any more."
The closest I have come to finding a mechanic is in Connetticutt, that's about 4 hours from me, of course, I haven't verified that information since finding out about the sale of Fiat to Stellantis. It certainly leaves a WHOLE LOT of car owners in the proverbial toilet!! Thanks, Fiat!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts