Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought I'd start a thread to document the up coming mods on my little Fiat 500 Sport.

My Fiat journey begun on holiday in Mallorca this September, when me & the girlfriend decided to rent a car.

It was a 1.2 Lounge Convertible Model, and I loved driving it on the windy Spanish roads.

Fast forward a month, I was having some electrical issues with my daily transport, mainly with it not charging & leaving me stranded a few times.

I decided as it was coming close to Winter, to repair the bike, sell it and get a nice little car.

I had a quick look online late one Saturday night, then Sunday morning I was at the dealership test driving a few. I had a quick test drive in a Twinair, I liked the punch of the engine but didn't get on well with the clutch (After driving another twinair last week I think the car I test drove had some issues...) Then I saw a little red sport sat in the corner of the dealership, that'd just been traded in.

I jumped straight into it and had a quick test drive, I bought it fifteen minutes later !

Currently the only mod I've done to it, is to replace the standard horn with an Air horn. However some mods It'll be getting are:
  • Full Dynamat inside
  • Front & Rear hard wired dash cams
  • Double DIN Stereo, with upgraded speakers & Sub
  • Tinted Windows
  • Wind Deflectors
  • Abarth Rear Bumper
  • Aftermarket Exhaust
And lastly a full colour change to a candy red similar to the colour below.

I'm saving up for the paint & materials at the moment, so will have the windows tinted when I have the glass took out to paint the shell, and will rip the interior out at the same time and do the dynamat.

Will put some pictures of the horn installation up tomorrow, however it's fitted quite roughly at the moment until i take the front bumper off and make a mounting bracket.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the color choice is nice. any updates about this build? what aftermarket exhaust are you planning to buy?
Unfortunately there's no update yet ! I've not been very active on the forum recently, I've been lurking occasionally but haven't posted anything, a recent job change has put my plans for the colour change on hold until later on this year, but should hopefully still be going ahead with it.

I haven't decided on an exhaust yet, I'm just keeping my eyes open as to what comes up for sale locally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts