Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new mocha latte and decided not to get the Bose option because it would take a long time to get the vehicle delivered. But I do want to upgrade the stereo - have been into a couple of high end stores and nobody seems to know much about what fits, etc. Has anyone upgraded their system and if so what did you install?

Thanks, Michael

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Find out what the dealer wants first. I rather get something that fits than hack my dash up. What don't you like about yours? The clarity? The power? Figure that out first and maybe you're just looking for a speaker swap.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well there are lots of options.

You could replace the factory head unit or you could just make it sound beter with new speakers , an amp, and maybe a sub if you want.

1" tweeters in the dash
6.5" Speakers in the doors and rears are the same

Hope this helps. I'm installing a custom system in my 500 Sport. So ask me any questions you might have.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
or you could just make it sound beter with new speakers , an amp, and maybe a sub if you want.

1" tweeters in the dash
6.5" Speakers in the doors and rears are the same

Hope this helps. I'm installing a custom system in my 500 Sport. So ask me any questions you might have.
^^This is the best option.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry my fault. Yes I meant A-pillars.

Here's what I'm working on.........

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah, It's a 3-way front setup. Mid, tweeter in the pilar. Woofer in the door and rear. One or two 10's in the trunk.

Here's a picture with the interior out.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Yeah, It's a 3-way front setup. Mid, tweeter in the pilar. Woofer in the door and rear. One or two 10's in the trunk.

Here's a picture with the interior out.

Pssst, someone took the inside of your car! Looks like you are going all out, I am fine with the Bose system, does what I need and only time it really needs to be turned really high is when the top is popped.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Pssst, someone took the inside of your car! Looks like you are going all out, I am fine with the Bose system, does what I need and only time it really needs to be turned really high is when the top is popped.
Maybe he's on the layaway payment plan, gets parts as he pays it off. Kidding aside, can't wait to see the final product. Although I love music, I love to turn it off and listen to the engine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
that's the beauty of the "off" button. I can turn it off and enjoy the natural soundtrack.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh and I found the interior

1 - 20 of 51 Posts