Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the stock 16" sport wheels weigh?
Im replacing them and want to shed some unsprung weight while I'm at it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's ridiculous for a 16". If I get a set of coilovers and I can get the proper drop im provably going to go to 15"s so I'll be able to get wheels around 13-14 lbs. Dropping like 25-28 lbs of unsprung weight will be great

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hmm... I think I'll stick with my heavy wheels. I'd rather have a few pounds extra than be replacing them every time I hit an unseen pothole. There are enough of them around that I can safely say I'd be saving thousands on avoided replacements.

But, I do enjoy seeing you guys put such fancy wheels on your cars. :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm... I think I'll stick with my heavy wheels. I'd rather have a few pounds extra than be replacing them every time I hit an unseen pothole. There are enough of them around that I can safely say I'd be saving thousands on avoided replacements.

But, I do enjoy seeing you guys put such fancy wheels on your cars. :)
That's reasonable, our roads are bad here too. Ive even bent my 23 lb 17" focus SVT wheels..

At least you have the best color for the 500, I get jealous a little every time I see a giallo! ( have yet to see one in my city though)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I haven't seen any other Giallos on the road, either. Then again, I've only seen a few outside the Studio lot.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I've seen several on the road but no Verde Chiarro's. a few weeks ago I spotted a Mocha 500c which was also very cool and very retro. LOVE the retro colors.

back to the tire/wheel thing, I would prefer to have more tire between the expensive to replace alloy wheel and a potential pothole. also would give the Sport a little better ride for us 'old folks'! LOL :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts