Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive Fiat 500e 2017

My dashboard says the left stop lamp was out so I replaced the bulb with the one that I bought from Autopart so it works fine but the dashboard keeps saying it is out... How do I reset the dashboard?

Also, it happened to me a couple of times that the five bar-shaped lights that flicker when the car is being charged blinked all together at the same time and they stopped doing it after a while I started to drive...
Do you know what caused it? I assume the scorching hot weather in California...

·
Registered
345 Posts
The error is reversed. Dumbest thing I ever saw. Have someone stand behind the vehicle while you press the brakes. You'll see that the right (passenger side) stop lamp is the one that's actually out.

Happened to me the first time mine went out.

ga2500ev

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
3,045 Posts
Same here.

If you have no assistant handy, you can see which brakelight is out by backing up to a light-colored wall, out of direct sunlight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drive Fiat 500e 2017

My dashboard says the left stop lamp was out so I replaced the bulb with the one that I bought from Autopart so it works fine but the dashboard keeps saying it is out... How do I reset the dashboard?

Also, it happened to me a couple of times that the five bar-shaped lights that flicker when the car is being charged blinked all together at the same time and they stopped doing it after a while I started to drive...
Do you know what caused it? I assume the scorching hot weather in California...
Was the replacement bulb an LED? If so, the system that warns of the burned out bulb on most Euro cars can't detect the little resistance from an LED.

I ran into this on my 2014 500L. The running lights and license plate lights burned out pretty often and the sockets are so brittle that I figured I'd better put long lasting LED's in there. The car keeps telling me they're burned out but they aren't. I didn't know about these special CANbus LED's at the time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
On my 2015 the indicator for the brake was reversed. Replacing the one that the dash said was actually good and the other one was burnt out. Ended up just replacing both of them.

G.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
826 Posts
Same here.

If you have no assistant handy, you can see which brakelight is out by backing up to a light-colored wall, out of direct sunlight.
Or as you apply brake when a chrome bumper truck sits at a light behind you. That’s what I always do to ensure they all work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts