Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mrs. and I were out after enjoying the awesome weather today in the area with our Z and we stopped by the Studio and had a chat with the sales manager. I asked if business was good and he responded that things were picking up. I said, "It must be due to the rising price of gas". He responded, "No, its actually the commercials since the Super Bowl". The marketing by FIAT to promote the Abarth has really peaked the interest of folks and they are now coming into the studio to learn more. He has 4 Abarth allocated not including the demo Abarth I am purchasing on order. There are a total of 13 additional orders he is waiting to place. According to him, FIAT will allow five more orders to be placed in May. He says FIAT is trying to keep the number of Abarths low to keep the exclusive with the notion they will continue to increase production as required.

Some Studios are now asking for more than MSRP to the tune of 3K more and in some areas even more. My Studio is not and I'm glad he is not. He'll get the business and make the money by volume of sales vice the markup others are asking. They are currently tied with one other Studio in the area for total sales this year. Not sure how that compares to overall sales in the U.S.

Anyhow, looks like the marketing of the Abarth has worked for FIAT and there will be additional sales of the 500 generated just from that buzz getting people into the studios. I believe FIAT has sold 5,000 in just the first two months of 2012 when they only sold 20000 in a short 2011 sales period. With gas prices climbing, it certainly won't hurt.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Many of the studio's like ours weren't open till
August of 2011. Our second studio in October.
Fiat got a slow start, now sales, are really picking up
up for a nitch stand alone car. Fantastic small car, for the
price.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
With all the different stories and rumores on the internet about Abarth production I flat out asked Fiat USA on their Facebook page;

My question; Just to ask again because it is the beginning of the work week; FIAT USA; There is a lot of rumors going around on the internet about how the Abarth is going to be produced, dealers allotments, limited numbers, production numbers, shortages and what not. Can you please set the record straight on this?

Their responce; Thanks for your questions about the FIAT 500 Abarth. Although we cannot disclose the specific production details, we can certainly clarify that the FIAT 500 Abarth is not a special edition, rather a model within the FIAT 500 lineup. It will be built exclusively in limited quantities, as to preserve it’s standing as the halo vehicle for the FIAT 500 brand.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds about right to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
At the Edmonton and Calgary new car shows over the last two weeks, the most popular cars out of all the vehicles we had for test drives were by far the Fiat 500 Sport and Charger RT. I think that speaks volumes for what will be selling here.

Also, during Wed.-Sun. I recall only one person saying they did not like the car ( I was assigned to and did most of the 500 test drives) because they could not fit (I think that was BS actually .... was a youngish guy ... teen years I think, ... and I got the impression he just did not want a small car ... a truck or large car type...).

Otherwise I had people of all ages come and try it and virtually universal was the comment that the car was great and FUN to DRIVE.

Once they get the cars to the dealers I think these will sell ... in Canada anyway.....and in Calgary the economy is probably about the best in North America so money is not a question ... lots of exotics around here.

R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts