Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here I am enjoying my morning coffee when my phone rings. It's Fiat corp. They wanted to know if I'm happy with my car.

Of course I am, I still own it. I mentioned the creaking from both doors. New weather stripping @ the next service.

I have owned quite a few new cars from every major manufacturer, and country of origin. I've NEVER gotten a call asking me if I like my car!!

Fiat continues to impress and surprise me

·
Registered
856 Posts
Well, I've got my phone call about two weeks ago.
I was really impress that Fiat would actually called for my comments, but when I was explaining what's been happened on dealership, small problems on the new car, etc, the rep wasn't listening well ending up asking me a question that I just answered..

I was excited for a sec, and became careless. I hope they care for what I had to say about the Fiat and QC on some dealerships..

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I got that call a few weeks after I bought my car. I thought it was nice of them to check and see how things were going. I guess you have to when you reintroduce a new brand.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the car in Sept., and have over 10k miles, which makes this weird, but nice

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
The dealership, called us twice, about the open recall. They had 5 lug wrenches in stock. I thought that was nice. They sell a lot of cars, to keep up on that kind of service. Didn't get the real paper work, from Fiat a month after I had the recall done. Never ever had a dealership call me about a recall before. Especially a Chrysler dealership. Owned Jeeps, and Hondas for years.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I'm still waiting for Sergio Marchionne's call.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Recall blues

I just got off the phone with Fiat about the recall on the sunroof wrench. I got mine in the morning and was delighted, other than mine is an early build 500 that does not have the access hole to actually use the little fellow should it ever be needed. The customer service person I spoke with was understanding and friendly but was not able to suggest anything they could do other than she would give me a case number.

Anyone else run into this yet? As far as the dealer is concerned,the recall is complete, as I have the part however useless it actually is to me. They suggested that if my sunroof ever got stuck, that I should bring the car in!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
If i'm ever upside-down in a water-filled ditch trying to pry the headliner off with my fingers to use the little allen key to open the sunroof,I must remember to call the dealer for help (huge grin)

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I mentioned the creaking from both doors. New weather stripping @ the next service.
Let me know if the new weather stripping fixes the creaking. I suspect it will not as it is a design issue. Did you already try the silicon spray mentioned in several other posts?
-KO

·
Registered
157 Posts
Never had a phone call, never had any mail, just bought the car and was promptly forgotten. Oh well, it's just frustrating because our second car is a Nissan Rogue and the dealership we bought it from is truly amazing with its customer service and efficiency. I filled out the online service appointment form from my studio and waited 6 business days without response, I called and asked if they were too busy for my business, the receptionist had no clue where my service form was sent to. Took my car in for the first Studio service and was less than enthused when it went to the chrysler dealership. Waited over 2 hours for an oil change and tire rotation and the flash update for the EVIC. Got the car back with scratches on the interior drivers side door panel. I will be going to a different studio for all upcoming services and going out of my way to steer people away from Maple Ridge Fiat in BC.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I just got off the phone with Fiat about the recall on the sunroof wrench. I got mine in the morning and was delighted, other than mine is an early build 500 that does not have the access hole to actually use the little fellow should it ever be needed. The customer service person I spoke with was understanding and friendly but was not able to suggest anything they could do other than she would give me a case number.

Anyone else run into this yet? As far as the dealer is concerned,the recall is complete, as I have the part however useless it actually is to me. They suggested that if my sunroof ever got stuck, that I should bring the car in!!!
JohninVIctoria: I am more apt to handle any issues that arise.. not only do I oversee these forums but I also do the customer assistance/studio relations for Fiat, Chrysler Dodge and Jeep, from HQ; not from where this mystery call came from.. Im guessing either Utah or Canada... please PM me if you require any further assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts