Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a strange sound coming from the engine when changing gears when the engine is revving above 3000. I took it in today for them to check it but by the time I got there there was no noise. So I am going to take the car in on Monday and leave it there to see if anything is wrong with it. The engine seems to do that when the car is cold. I have the sport auto. This seems to happen when I do the gear change my self and the engine is revving above 3000. Has anyone experienced this before?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I haven't noticed it but perhaps tomorrow I can see if mine does this, if you mean cold only when just starting and not cold for weather AND being just started then I wouldn't probably notice anything since it hasn't been very cold and I don't really shift with mine as it is rather weird and somewhat boring, it feels like it is faking being a manual so I've never really cared for any car that allows the auto-shift option. I LOVE a manual drive car but I need at least one auto as a daily driver and last year a tornado took that option, the 500 replaced it. I hope they solve your problem quickly and if I do notice it I will certainly post back with any odd sounds I experience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cold as in when I just start the car. I live in so cal so it really doesn't get that cold here. I also wish I had bought the manual. I think this car needs to be in manual only.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Cold as in when I just start the car. I live in so cal so it really doesn't get that cold here. I also wish I had bought the manual. I think this car needs to be in manual only.
Cool, now that I know I will see if I can reproduce it, I know in non auto-shift mode I hear nothing, will have to try shifting and see if I notice anything for ya, also it has been really warm here to (60-70F) lately so I've been very happy to not be cold either!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a manual. I too have noticed this, but it was 20 degrese outside. I just attributed the noise to the motor being cold. Never notice it when it is warmer outside.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I tried this now twice and I haven't noticed anything unusual, loud or odd in any way so I cannot say what you are hearing, with no exhaust or intake mods yet (they are on the way though) I have nothing to over power any potential sounds either so whatever it is I hope it is resolved quickly for you dolcevita1.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I have a manual. I too have noticed this, but it was 20 degrese outside. I just attributed the noise to the motor being cold. Never notice it when it is warmer outside.

Doozer:

Not being able to diagnose any concerns via over the forum, I agree with all the other posters; due to a cold engine. If you experience any harsher noises or performance issues with the vehicle, I can only recommend having your local studio checking out the vehicle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine only makes a "strange roaring sound" when I push the pedal on the right too hard.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Mine only makes a "strange roaring sound" when I push the pedal on the right too hard.
Jsbeesl:

:) I know what you mean.. hahah.. Im glad you are enjoying your vehicle.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts