Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any details on installing a sub woofer on the 500??
where is the grommet? any info on the wiring?
I'm trying to install one for myself but I'm stuck!

XD

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can tell you that if there is anything in place it will be under the passenger seat, that is where it is when factory installed. Also the Amp is on the right side of the "trunk" on the bottom when your looking in from the open hatch (behind the spare tire bolt). I assume your looking for stock harness conections to wire in your own system or something. Hope this helps some!

·
Registered
470 Posts
It depends on the system you have. Stereo shop is your best bet. This head unit has no pre-out for base signal. There are 2 to 1 channel crossovers you can purchase that will do this. (you need to tap into R+L and have the processor pig tail that to a single RCA , or dual, that plugs into your sub amp) If you have the Bose system it will have to be after the amp. If you have the stock system the crossover/signal processor will be after the head unit (behind the stereo)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Since the Blowse amp is on the trunk, I'd think tapping the optional sound system would be easier.

I wonder if replacing the amp would make the system sound louder. Then again, those are bose speakers we are talking about. I bet they are 0.5 Ohm and can't take more than 20W, or something like that... impossible to do anything with them.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Since the Blowse amp is on the trunk, I'd think tapping the optional sound system would be easier.

I wonder if replacing the amp would make the system sound louder. Then again, those are bose speakers we are talking about. I bet they are 0.5 Ohm and can't take more than 20W, or something like that... impossible to do anything with them.
Bingo! With the Bose system you must keep the Bose amp. The signal processing in done through the amp. You would have to install a 5 Chanel adapter after the amp... Then change all the speakers to 4 Ohm 40w + speakers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have an aftermarket 10" sub in the boot

I have an aftermarket 10" sub in the boot. I had it installed at Car Toys for $85 bucks (one hour) and $15 in wire & loom. I already had the sub from my last car. They did a great job and now I have a bang'n ghetto blaster. It is a tube style with internal amp they mounted on driverside after trying to locate the factory wires (no luck) on mp pop. they did a nice professional job with large guage wire and loom to cover it and included extra to move it when needed. I did velcro it down to keep it in place and I am very happy. It makes the whole little car vibrate at 25 on the stock stereo volume of 40. I'd say try them they did a good job for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I when with two 10"s and a custom trunk system.

If anyone has any questions about sound system installs I would be happy to talk about it. I've had my whole car taken apart, as part of this system install.

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
How does one connect a amp to the head unit? Please help?

Welcome to the forum.

We have a member here that does a lot with audio, probably one of the best to ask. His name is troy_audi0 and if you were to send him a PM with questions I'd imagine when he pops on he'd be glad to answer them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts