Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any companies close to having a bolt on supercharger for our 500? I'm not really interested in a turbo setup, in my experience
Superchargers at (more often than not) more reliable and I'm not looking for massive gains

·
Premium Member
22,120 Posts
Neat looking plumbing. Wonder if the hood fits anymore?

Saw this a month+ back and it seems I saw mention (in comments, may not be true of course) of the need for a custom hood but I cannot be 100% certain, it does sort of look like it might be just a bit too big for the stock hood but it is somewhat difficult to tell obviusly.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for posting!
I sent them an email to inquire if it will fit our US spec cars and what hood modifications are required to make it work.
$2800 Pound is $4500 CDN, which isnt horrible but I wonder how much it would cost for a good shop to install it, plus it would totally void your engine warranty. Lots to think about but in the end it makes more sense (for me at least) to pay $5000 to boost my prima than to take the huge loss if I trade in my 500 for an abarth since the difference would be probably aorund $10,000.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I heard 500 madness has one in the testing process right now.... There maybe different stages also.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
How much hp and tq is that supercharger adding onto the 500? $5k is quite steep~ Will the piston rings, gaskets, etc hold up in the motor in the long run?!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got an email back from jcr racing and we won't be getting their kit for us spec cars even though they said theyve had lots of email from us customers

·
Registered
10 Posts
I heard somewhere someone is building a Rotrex Supercharger kit for the 500. It would be wayyyy more efficient then a Eaton M45 Roots type supercharger.

·
Registered
128 Posts

in the comment section they quote £2800 installed ~$5000 American moneys.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but you can't use this type (positive displacement) of supercharger on our cars. I would love to, but multi-air has no throttle body and that is a prerequisite of PD superchargers. The older EU car shown in the video is not MA. One could try to add an electric throttle body as well, but that would defeat much of the purpose of MA and would make the SC even more expensive and complicated. If you want to supercharge these cars, stick to centrifugal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is no need for throttle valve bodies for roots or any other type of positive displacement blowers. Take a look at any old GMC Bus, say pre-60's, and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
128 Posts
There is no need for throttle valve bodies for roots or any other type of positive displacement blowers. Take a look at any old GMC Bus, say pre-60's, and you'll see what I mean.
No I won't because that would have been carbureted. Entirely different induction still.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Never mind the regular 500, I'd more be interested in seeing if one could be produced for the Abarth (despite the questionable engine bay space). Twin Charge, anyone? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Twin charger would be interesting on an Abarth...but to throw away the turbo and go supercharger. Pointless for such a small engine. Def net more power out of a turbo on a small engine than a supercharger. If your going for sound only, then....I don't know what to say.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Twin charger would be interesting on an Abarth...but to throw away the turbo and go supercharger. Pointless for such a small engine. Def net more power out of a turbo on a small engine than a supercharger. If your going for sound only, then....I don't know what to say.
Perhaps, but it was more one of those "What ifs". I wouldn't swap out a turbo for a supercharger, given the choice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help with engine

Hello everyone, my name is Dominic and i just bought the 2012 Fiat 500 Sport in Red and love it. I'm tring to see if there is a turbo or supercharger that i can put on my car and I can't seem to get an answer. I looked at one web-site and there's an electric Supercharger kit for $175 and pasted it below and would that work. I'm new to all this stuff and the things i want to do is the supercharger or turbo or a cold air in-duction for some more performanc. I also want to try and find some Carbon Fiber to dress it up inside as well, so if anyone could help that would be grate. The supercharger i was looking at is pasted here:
Vortex Supercharger Kit Includes:

◦High Flow Air Cone Filter
◦1 950 WATT 5PSI Blower
◦Installation Guide
◦Rubber connectors
◦Wiring kit (complete with
connectors, power relay unit, and
micro-switch)
◦*Option Performance Chips

1 - 19 of 19 Posts