Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all, I was looking at 500Madness.com the other day and saw a rear sway bar. I read the instructions and the pictures show a different rear shock mount from my 2012 Sport.
Do Abarth models have a rear 'sway' bar from the factory? Is that part transferable to Sport, Pop and Lounge models?
I found a new road to drive to work and back home. It has corners. 90 degree corners. Corners with 25 and 30 mph advisories.
Just wondering?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Abarth does come with rear sway bar, yes. I don't think you can straight-graft it onto other models (I think it's some to do with the mount), but I don't remember to be certain about this. There are a few good aftermarket options, but all of them require drilling holes, but besides that, installation is simple. I had ST swaybar, and it was pretty effective, and you can tell the difference especially on a track. It broke though, from stress. ST Suspension told me that it was an older design and it was remedied, and offered me a replacement at a discount price, but I declined. Now I'm running without it. I don't track it any more, so I don't miss it much.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have the STS sway bar. Love it. You only need to drill two holes. The other two holes are already there and can be used as a template. Looks factory installed. Very nice. Works well for about $165 on Amazon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, Fabio13, and thank you for the response. Could you post a picture of your installed bar and point out which 2 holes already exist?
That would give me a better idea, as the bar sold by 500 Madness is by NeuF and is designed for the Abarth models. The photo they show in their instructions doesn't look like my Sport.
I will look for ST Suspension later.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hello, Fabio13, and thank you for the response. Could you post a picture of your installed bar and point out which 2 holes already exist?
That would give me a better idea, as the bar sold by 500 Madness is by NeuF and is designed for the Abarth models. The photo they show in their instructions doesn't look like my Sport.
I will look for ST Suspension later.[/QUOTE
~~~
CPR Ron crafted a beautiful 30mm rear bar & brackets for me several years ago.
45-47mph clover leaf entrance/exit ramps in my Daily Driver 2012 Pop...............
Madness Go Pedal
RRM Timing Controller
Weapon-R Secret Intake System
Mopar Upper Strut Bar
BC Racing Coilovers
Comfortable 195-55-16 Tires
MPX Stainless Axle-Back Dual Exhaust

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I will look for ST Suspension later.
Here's the video of RRM rear anti sway bar installation. The STS is different, one-piece design, but the two holes that you need to drill is actually the same location.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXd1VpgN_Q0

·
Registered
613 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts